gasisoutrageous

A nice touch... Atlanta HOV Lanes

So on my way through heavy traffic on the way down to Florida, I noticed they had high occupancy vehicle (HOV) lanes. If only we had those in Lansing, but being as big as Atlanta is, I'm not surprised they had them. Any rate, they require two or more passengers in the vehicle (or else you can get a ticket), but they make exception for alternative fuel vehicles! California had an exception like this a few years ago, but. I believe they did away with it.

post-2293-0-73887400-1393269049_thumb.jpg

for tax reasons...  our FFVs are NOT considered Alt. fuel vehicles...  Trust me, my accountant looked into it at tax time back when I bought my Fusion.  I don't know if they count FFVs for HOV lanes.  Would be hard to tell if they were really using e85, or if they were just G@$$buddies that resent the fact that they have the choice to use e85, but the tag is on the truck anyhow... I'd hate to see these individuals getting any benefits in spite of their opposition to alternative fuels

I had mentioned this when we talked about this idea a while back... you could have the drivers receive tags when they fuel up with E85. But the fact of the matter is this: if you're using the HOV lane because you know you have an alternative fuel vehicle, that plainly means you are aware that your car can be powered by this alternative fuel and that you have a choice. Joe was joking with me earlier that if I had been pulled over, the cop could have opened the fuel cap and smelled the fuel... they must be pretty familiar with the smell of ethanol down there, if you know what I mean :)