Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Iowa E85 Wholesale Prices.. low $1.53

Every Tuesday new Prices come out.... You guys/gals in Iowa should print out Copies of these and take them directly to the Manager at Stations that sell E85 (Stations that cant seem to get their pricing right)

post-2-0-30183700-1393117297_thumb.jpg

so this is the wholesale price for e85?  Not pure ethanol?  WOW!  I can't imagine the prices in Nebraska are MUCH (if any) higher.

Sort of makes me think that even with the 80cent spread Kum & Go has on e85, at $2.57, even after adding in the taxes and shipping...  that they have a pretty hefty profit margin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really whining here, I love Kum & Go, and the fact that they have saved me a TON of money over the last 5+ years on e85.  I'm just wondering why MORE stations are not selling e85 currently if it is THIS cheap.

I will have to suggest to some of my contacts at the Nebraska Ethanol/Corn Board that they do something like THIS here in our state.  What better resource to get poorly priced stations to play ball, and convince stations to carry the fuel than this database.

so this is the wholesale price for e85?  Not pure ethanol?  WOW!  I can't imagine the prices in Nebraska are MUCH (if any) higher.

Sort of makes me think that even with the 80cent spread Kum & Go has on e85, at $2.57, even after adding in the taxes and shipping...  that they have a pretty hefty profit margin.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not really whining here, I love Kum & Go, and the fact that they have saved me a TON of money over the last 5+ years on e85.  I'm just wondering why MORE stations are not selling e85 currently if it is THIS cheap.

I will have to suggest to some of my contacts at the Nebraska Ethanol/Corn Board that they do something like THIS here in our state.  What better resource to get poorly priced stations to play ball, and convince stations to carry the fuel than this database.

Morning Husker ..Yeah it shows Station Owners/Managers WHO they should be buying from.. 

I would LOVE to see station managers (or corporate fuel purchasers for larger chains) take THIS information to their supplier, and say "NOW LOOK HERE! You have been screwing us for FAR too long, reaping a large profit margin on your e85 sales to us.  You have two choices, either you start playing fair with us, or we will simply be taking our business to someone that will show us the respect we deserve and give us honest prices!  Now how much do you value our business relationship?"

Short negotiation.

Just sent a screen capture picture to my cousin that is on the board of the local co op with the blender pump. They get there E85 direct from the $1.75 plant. Will have to see what the retail price on the blender is in a few days when I go up there.