HuskerFlex

Yellow Hose question?

First of all... my hats off to the folks with the Yellow Hose campaign!  Incredible.  I hope that the sales volume has been steadily growing as more and more FFV users are taking notice, and becoming regular users.

http://www.e85prices.com/michigan.html

I see that there is a consistent $1.00 spread for e85, where if gas is at $3.39, e85 is at $2.39... making an impressive 29% spread... VERY nice :D

My question is this...

Not that I'm complaining, but I noticed that the latest post is for the blender pump at Lake Odessa Michigan, where gas is $3.34, and e85 is a mind blowingly low $1.99, for an inconceivably wide spread of 40%.

Is the price spread simply lower because of the increased volume due to the blender pump?  Just curious.

Mighty envious. I really do wish that OTHERS across the ethanol belt would take notice and emulate this.  Any chance that they will be putting on seminars across the country?  Would be nice.

What blend wall!

The $1.99 Price at Carbon Green BioEnergy, LLC is a temporary promotion to raise awareness in our area.  As you know, many people drive flexfuel vehicles and have never taken the time to understand the benefits of higher level blends.  We are changing this in Lake Odessa, MI.  $1.99 gets people talking and is driving them to make the change.  When they are at our pump they also learn about the 21 other YellowHose.com locations that are all at a $1 spread to regular.

Look for the YellowHose program to roll out in a few other states in April in addition to a continued expansion in Michigan.

Mitch Miller

Carbon Green Bioenergy, LLC

There is almost always someone who comes to the pump when I go out to clean it, and I love saying to them "it doesn't get much more local than the 200 foot drive from the plant"! We've sold much more E85 than gasoline, and we have people who come from as far away as 20 miles to fill up. Mitch, Jason, and the other guys from Carbon Green BioEnergy are geniuses when it comes to selling ethanol, and I think they're doing a great job making a point that ethanol saves consumers money... not costing them.

OK... that makes total sense.  I thought this was the EVERYDAY price, not a promotional price.

I seriously LOVE what you folks are doing up there Mitch etal.  Keep up the good work, and best of luck.  This country needs more people like you.