gasisoutrageous

2015 Chrysler 200... completely revamped!

Well hopefully they keep the 3.6 as a flex in this car....some of the newer challengers are not listed as flex-fuel in the 3.6...they did this in the wrangler, which is beyond me why they would not make it flex...

Having read comments by some of the Challenger owners and knowing how subbornly closed minded traditional Jeep owners can be, they'd spend $6/gal on regular or walk before accepting E85 as a viable fuel let lone use a "tax theiving, engine desolving, people starving, low MPG fuel" in their vehicles....................

Edited by BJoe

Something like that, being used to the Jeep 4.0l and the old Chrysler 2.2/2.5 Turbo motors, I'm not used to that high of a reving engine. Scared the crap out of me first time I saw the tach hit 6500!

Maybe 6700 rpm redline is why they require AWD- so harder to break loose all wheels and go past 6700, scattering pistons, rods, etc. :lol:

My car is a 4 cyl turbo and has a relatively high redline- in 3rd gear (of 6) one can quickly be 65 mph and not even near redline. Kinda makes things fun and makes one wonder what the next 3 gears are for. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Pentastar could rev higher and is limited due to trying to make it useable in the "lightweight" Avenger/200 (about 3600lbs) as well as the much heavier Ram trucks while using as many of the same parts across the lines. I think the biggest variations are intake manifolds and exhaust down tubes. I kinda wish people would start trying to blow them up to see what they will take.

Looks like the new 200 doesn't redline until it gets to around 7,000 rpm... this thing looks like it is really built for performance. So I shouldn't have been surprised to see Chrysler air an ad for the new 200... and needless to say, I loved it! It featured Bob Dylan, saying stuff like what's in my signature and "And when it's made here, it's built with the one thing you can't import from anywhere else: American pride".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlSn8Isv-3M

I'm absolutely loving the fact that now, and when I get the new 200, I am (and will be) able to say that both my car and my fuel are made less than 90 minutes from where I live. Not many people can say that.