gasisoutrageous

2015 Chrysler 200... completely revamped!

Joe brought this one to my attention a couple weeks ago, and the new design was unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit last week. However, it was leaked a couple weeks early. It looks a lot like the redesigned Impala, but the starting price is much cheaper. Besides the look, what really got me hooked was the fact that they are adding an all-wheel-drive drivetrain!

They will indeed be offering a flex-fuel engine... the 3.6L Pentastar engine, which absolutely loves E85. Chrysler is advertising a horsepower rating of 295 and mpg of 35 highway (front-wheel-drive, on crapoline) - so I can only imagine what it will be on E85! 

It has been frustrating not having AWD. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE driving in the snow! That doesn't prevent me from getting stuck multiple times in the snow though.

Here is some more info from 200 forums:

So the 2015 Chrysler 200 leaked today, hence why I joined this little community, whats new and unique from the '14s? Some people are worried that the 2015 200 is simply a reskinned '14, lets put that to rest shall we.... 

2015-Chrysler-200-4_7_.jpg

• The 2015 Chrysler 200 will be the industry's first mid size sedan to come standard with a nine speed automatic transmission. The same gear box found under your friendly neighborhood KL Jeep Cherokee, hopefully major lessons were learned from the Cherokee and we won't have to endure several months of software dealys because the 9 speed cant find 8th.
  • Also taken from the KL Cherokee is the AWD system with a disconnecting rear axle
  • The engines in the 2015 Chrysler 200 should be quite familiar, the tried and true Pentastar 3.6L V6 and the base line 2.4L Tigershark 4
  • A new Rotary Dial shift knob first seen on the RAM Rumble Bee from Goodwood.
  • New face showcases the future look of the Chrysler brand
  • 35 MPG expected

You might even venture to call the Chrysler 200 the Cherokee Sedanicon1.png LOL 

Aesthetically the 2015 200 is one of the best if not THE best looking vehicle to come from Chrysler in quite sometime. I'm quite in love with the rear, the front looks a little Dartish, and the side profile could be called a bit Jellybean, but I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt and wait to see it in the metal before making a final judgement... 

Oh and starting MSRP of $21,700. Anyone going to be tempted? 

2015-Chrysler-200-1_8_+_1_.jpg

2015-Chrysler-200-3_8_.jpg

2015-Chrysler-200-4_8_.jpg

2015-Chrysler-200-3_7_.jpg

2015-Chrysler-200-7_10_.jpg

2015-Chrysler-200-8_8_.jpg

Link to this post: http://www.200forums.com/forum/9-chrysler-200-general-discussion-forum/9209-whats-2015-a.html

I'd park one next to my 2012 200 Touring if I could afford one, especially if they.do a hardtop convertable.that looks like this Render

No word yet on whether Chrysler will be offering the redesigned 2015 22 as a two-door convertible, but this rendering shows us that it would take well to the drop-top look. If the 200 sedan proves to be successful, I think that a 200 Convertible would be a logical next step. That vehicle likely wouldn't arrive until 2016 though.

Would you consider buying a 200 Convertible?

2016-chrysler-200-convertible-rendering-

2016-chrysler-200-convertible-rendering-

I completely forgot that there was an easy way to do this. I have uploaded the photos I have taken of the 200 at the Auto Show (along with a couple others I downloaded) on an Apple photostream. You should be able to view the photos I've uploaded on the public website.

My '12 should be around 3600lbs and an advertised 283hp, so if they can keep this car close to that in weight, especially with the AWD, it should be QUICK! From what I've been reading, not only does it share the AWD system with the new Cherokee, including the ability to send 60% of the power to the rear tires when in sport mode (I.think that is part of the Trailhawk versions AWD system, minus the locker and crawl ratio), so this could make for a fun driving car so long as they don't saddle it with T rated tires that are at the very best, underwelming like the Eagle LS2's my car has.

Well hopefully they keep the 3.6 as a flex in this car....some of the newer challengers are not listed as flex-fuel in the 3.6...they did this in the wrangler, which is beyond me why they would not make it flex...