dan45mcc

E85/ Ethanol Content Gauge

Who installs such a device in a non-flex fuel vehicle?

I would think anyone who is doing a conversion specifically for "hot rodding"  should have one to be on the safe side. Everyday driving not a  big deal , still nice tohave though

The safety manager told me today that he had been thinking about how I reported 33 mpg between DC and Harrisburg PA. He came to the conclusion that I must have put gas in my car... not because I was dumb enough to select the black nozzle, but because they may have switched E85 and E10. This kind of tool would be awesome in conjunction with a time machine.

The meter is $140. The sensor and analyzer are sold separately. The complete kit - sensor, analyzer and meter - sells for $380.

Thanks Storky.. I thought that $140 was pretty cheap thats why I posted it.. $380..yeah I would pass for everyday driving.  Still probably a solid investment if you are squeezing out performance and don't wan to risk blowing your engine