Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Mapco unveils new plan to distribute and sell E15 in Mega Stores

Author: Growth Energy

Sets Goal of 100 Retail Locations to Sell the Economical and Better Performing Fuel

WASHINGTON, D.C. — “This is great news to see a major retailer and successful company like MAPCO announce their decision to offer E15 and give consumers a choice at the pump,” said Tom Buis, CEO of Growth Energy, in response to today’s MAPCO Express, Inc. statement. The company’s goal is to have 100 mega stores offering E15.

The expanded offering of E15 will create savings at the pump and will develop robust fuel options for consumers. Currently, E15 is available at 70 stations through other companies. The locations are spread between 14 states including: Wis., S.D., Ohio, Neb., N.D., N.C., Mo., Minn., Miss., Kan., Ind., Ill., Iowa, and Ariz.

Tom Buis continued, “MAPCO is an innovator in the marketplace always looking to provide what their customers want and need. Growth Energy believes this will end the debate about whether or not consumers want E15. Growth Energy also believes that when given the choice, consumers will seek the fuel that costs less, improves the performance of their vehicles and is better for our environment.”

“More retailers across the nation are beginning to see the value of selling higher blends of ethanol,” added Buis. “Refiners with integrated retail operations are starting to move towards meeting their Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) volume obligations through their retail operations, by selling higher blends, such as E15.”

“According to existing E15 retailers, the new fuel offers consumers a $0.05 to $0.10 price per gallon advantage compared to regular gas,” stated Buis. “In addition, consumers are getting a higher octane, better performing fuel. With E15, consumers are getting more for less when they fill up and retailers are reporting zero complaints with the E15.”

More from Growth Energy.

So are they going to be doing blender pumps... so e30 and 85 to boot... or are they going to be replacing diesel or premium?

Just currious how they are doing this.

I really wish that e15 came along with e85.  (e15 via blenders with other higher blends)

To my knowledge Husker, many of their stores already do carry E85. I will apply what I've learned about Minnoco in Minnesota to this case.

Minnoco has broken ties to their oil companies to be able to offer mid-level blends such as E15 and E30. A contact I have in Minnesota told me that they do indeed have underground E85 tanks, and use blenders to offer E15 and E30. However, they have no desire to offer E85. Why? I'm not sure. But nonetheless, I would imagine these Mapco stations will use blenders to offer E15.