Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Mike","Why should I use E85? I get worse gas mileage and I am not saving that mu

I'm getting a lot more of these "rants" over at E85Prices.com 

Mike was responding to the fact that the Meijer Station in Canton is only giving a 15 cent spread..

If I was advocating for the Ethanol Compnies I suppose I could tell him what a great thing it is to drive E85 for the enviroment and let it be at that  ..  But contray to popular belief I am not an advocate for the Ethanol Companies(I can certainly become one if the Industry as a whole ever decides to work for the consumer instead of the Oil Companies)  but rather for the Consumer .

It's a shame that only a handful of Ethanol Companies are working for the consumer of E85 on price (and competting against unleaded).. .

It gets old having to be a broken record and only have MFA of Missouri and Utica Energy (Renew E85 stations ) to use as positive examples .Models of how the Ethanol Industry should be performing . We need more companies like those to step up ..

Actually this month we do have someone new , The Silco station in Denver has been offering E85 at rughly a 28% discount to unleaded (I still need ot locate thier supplier).  and their are a few others (I'l work on alist ) but most of the industry seems content on simply supplying the Oil Companies ethanol for oxygenation/e10 . Fine whatever but it's clear that they can ALSO offer E85 at far larger discount ifthey so choose ..so far most of them are choosing not to

Dan,

Not sure who the contact is for the Silco station in Denver , but the Tomahawk truck stop in

Watkins has similar pricing.  I believe these were supplied at one time by an outfit called

Ethanol Management Company in Henderson , Colorado..  OEMC topic on Colorado Government website

may have more details.

Contact Troy Hill , of Hill Petroleum in Arvada Colorado for his ethanol supplier. I read he now has

a new contract in play.. his pricing may improve , as well...

I don't believe either of these are getting ethanol from a local ( Colorado ) plant.  The new plants

in our state are probably busy paying off their construction loans , rather than servicing the E85 crowd.

Perhaps after they get done paying the bills , they will pay more attention to our little segment of the market.

Anyone familar with financials of some of these plants ?? Is it a 1-2 year turnaround for some of these groups

to pay off capital costs ?? At our current rate of consumption , maybe ?? 

Greengenes wrote        Anyone familar with financials of some of these plants ?? Is it a 1-2 year turnaround for some of these groups

to pay off capital costs ?? At our current rate of consumption , maybe ??

It makes a big difference on management. I'm in two ethanol plants and one made 200% return last year and the other only made 36%---quite a variation.  While not in this one, if you look at the SEC filings for  www.granitefallsenergy.com  you will see that they about paid off the debt in a couple of years. When going to the SEC link click on the 10Q's and you'll see the financials.