dan45mcc

New Server for E85Prices.com

Appreciate everyone's patience as we moved to the new server..still a  few bugs we are working on BUT overall well worth it as we have cut load times in half !

Nice to get it out of the way over winter as it is E85s slow time

I will work all day tomorrow sorting out the missing posts issue that is happening for some members. SMF has been a fantastic Forum Foundation but it may be time to also consider upgrading it as well..

post-1-138947100048_thumb.jpg

Taking requests?  ;D

I'd still like to see the option of clicking a "like" or "thanks" link on posts that I appreciate.

Rick Vbulletin always seems to be the direction people take but I keep getting drawn to http://www.invisionpower.com/.. you should test the "trial" ..let me know what you think of that.

Anyone else have any Forum Software  that they really like , fewest bugs , good support base , tight security and plenty of useful addons, themes etc

I tried to post prices from south side of Miami on the way to Key West along highway 1/5 - several UGas locations had E85 at 2.99. The two closest to the intersection with Florida turnpike were also 2.99 and gas was 3.39. The Ocean and Shell E85 stations were as high as 3.29 for E85. Wish I could have posted these accurately but the mobile app would not even populate and I could not get the regular site to work posting via PC. :(

dan,

don't know how long Its been this way, but on the "post reply" page...  the drop down box to change color has the "Canadian" spelling of "colour"...

On my settings I have selected "English" not "British English"...  Not a huge deal, just pointing this out ;D

Hey Dan, there are a couple of issues I'm having. When I opened the personal massages section, I was told that I have the maximum number of messages. Also, the top of the forums looks cluttered (see attached pic).

I'm also going to have to go with Husker in saying that we should have the most recent posts on top. When I click on the section "Announce New E85 Stations", it starts me off in 2005! I have to click through 30+ pages to get to the most recent post. Not easy to do on a smart phone, that's for sure.

Hey Dan, there are a couple of issues I'm having. When I opened the personal massages section,

Um  Aaron I'm sorry we don't offer a Personal MASSAGE Service.. did you mean to post this on another more Personal forum you are visiting ? :o  :P  :D   (I am king typo ..so nice to see I have some company)

Personal Messaging Limits have been raised

As far as the order of Posts.. I am just as pissed on this as everyone else.. IPB forum software does not offer that option.   

I am looking around and requesting a Mod from IPB forum member developers

Hey Dan, there are a couple of issues I'm having. When I opened the personal massages section, I was told that I have the maximum number of messages. Also, the top of the forums looks cluttered (see attached pic).

I'm also going to have to go with Husker in saying that we should have the most recent posts on top. When I click on the section "Announce New E85 Stations", it starts me off in 2005! I have to click through 30+ pages to get to the most recent post. Not easy to do on a smart phone, that's for sure.

OK ..I CAN and Did change the Order of Posts .. BUT it affects everyone.. USERS cannot determine the order they like (like we could on SMF) ..it is one way or the other and since we had last posts first before as a main settings we will keep it that way

Hopefully in the future IPB will add a MOD that lets each user determine the order they prefer

I'm having another issue with the main E85 prices site. I am repeatedly being asked to login/register when I click on the "submit prices" tab on the Michigan page. I'll login, and then go to the Michigan page to post prices. When I click on the submit prices button... well, a nice little infinite loop seems to be blocking me from submitting.