Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Crude Oil Explosion..Merry Christmas from Big OIl

From what I am reading it appears this new oil they are getting has  a very low flash point  and that is why we are seeing all these explosions lately

Oils commentst are rather amusing .. "It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that Bakken oil is a high-quality crude with a lower flash point — that's what makes it a desired commodity for all these coastal refineries," said Ron Ness, president of the North Dakota Petroleum Council, a Bismarck-based group that represents hundreds of oil industry companies.

So he his looking at the Photo of the explosion and fireball and toxic fumes.. and the he is flush with Pride.. Hell yeah that's good shaaaat is all he can say ;D

I'm appalled as usual, but just reminded once again why I'm doing what I'm doing. This is propelling my work with ethanol. Joe had mentioned to me last night that it could have been an axle failure on one of the cars.

But what astounds me is that more and more of this is being transported by rail. Some 90% of oil transported through and out of North Dakota will be transported by rail! So it seems as though the supposed "jobs boom" due to the Bakken won't be the only "boom" up there.

According to the news, the accident happened about a mile west of town. That's about how far a good sized ethanol plant is located west of Casselton if you look at Google Maps. One thing we need to remember is that those axles don't know the difference if ethanol or crude are in the tank.

Something else comes to mind about crude. I met a guy that sells lubricating oil to the tankers hauling oil from Nigeria back to Philadelphia PA. He told me a good tanker captain steals a little of the cargo to use as fuel for the engines but if he gets greedy and there are a lot of propane type molecules in the crude, the engine goes BOOM. I found that pretty interesting. This guy also hated ethanol.