Sign in to follow this  
cessna

renting a Yukon

I'm at Okracoke NC for Christmas. Because my sister's Jeep has a computer problem she rented a Budget  GMC Yukon that is flex at Hayes VA where she lives and where Phillips Petroleum has an E85 pump. They have you return vehicles empty so I said lets fill at the E85 pump. My sister said the lady at the rental place said do not use E85-----makes me mad just thinking about it. I guess that is why we need mandates----to compensate for STUPID people. I think I'll have a talk with them when we return it. >:(

Trust me, I'd be livid. It's hard to say about policy, but I do remember the driver I talked to who had a rented Ford Taurus from Toronto a few months back. Even though it was flex fuel, he said the agency told him not to use E85... and since when do they even know what E85 is?

"Sorry sir- but I rented this vehicle just so I could use a cleaner burning fuel. I do not want to breathe toxic gas fumes when filling your car- nor do I want to take the chance I would get that stuff on my hands. BTW- didn't your rental agency get a tax break for buying this vehicle? I will be using E85 and it is the preferred fuel for this vehicle per EPA and automakers statements. Should you chose to penalize me in any way I will take this up with the proper authorities AND Better Business Bureau"

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Not stupid people but dirorienting media and agencies

How manny times we hear vehicles in Brazil are capables of using their regular gas mix of 25% ETHANOL ?Well ,those are not flex-fuel vehicles but non flex-fuel that work ,as we all know in this forum ,perfectly fine if not better and cleaner with that mix of 25% ETHANOL

If that same mix were standarized all over USA,Canada,Europe,Mexico ,Latin America and the Caribean,China,India ,Australia , SouthWest Asia and Africa ,there will be a renassaince of the sugarcane industry devoted to ETHANOL production and a new one based on SWEET SORGHUM ,CORN ,GRAIN SORGHUM and CASSAVA

tHAT IS WHY ''BIG OIL'' IS AFRAID OF

and paid for the desinformation campaing

I can kind of understand the car rental's logic.  When spread if good, it takes less $$ to refill with E85, but the next renter might lose if they refill with regular.  Doubt many renter are going to notice the difference, the 2002 Suburban we had (wife drove) only went down from 15 to 12.5 with E85.  The impala she drives now (less data) but about 29 mpg E10 to 24 with E85.