Sign in to follow this  
1outlaw

New Station in Stevens Point

Brand new E85 station by Kwik Trip:

5311 Old Highway 18

Stevens Point

(715) 344-6623

This is on the south side of Hwy 10 and on the east edge of I 39/US 51. Not a blender and is a single E85 dispenser. Easy on/off for all traffic.

I did not pay attention to pricing other than it was typical 10% less than gas like KT tends to do. :(

It's here: https://www.kwiktrip.com/Locations/Details/863/

Saw it last night when I was in town. Store #863 Comes up on a google search of kwik trip stevens point

I was surprised to see it there- I do not get into that part of Steven Point often but this must of popped up in the last 3 months or so.

I know you're not a fan of kt but it is nice to see another e85 pump installed.

Ou know off hand how kt gets their e85..they have any real control on pricing?

It is nice to see another E85 station though a poor priced one is bad for public opinion about E85. We can only hope they change their pricing strategy some day. They seem to price CNG somewhat aggressive- why not E85???

My fear is that they plan to use the minimum markup law (oil terminal based price min) to control competition. Who knows?

They absolutely have control over their costs- last I knew they shopped all ethanol plants for contract prices, then haul it themselves to oil terminals where they rent space to store it until another truck arrives to be blended to E-whatever. If they are priced poorly it is only because:1) they bought at the wrong time 2) they are double transporting it, 3) they are stuck in their minds they must use crapoline instead of natural gasoline, 4) they just want huge margins, or 5) see above minimum markup comment.

I think the problem is merely that they have NEVER priced it right for some reason and do not see the potential to drive business into their stores. They do not seem to have a clue that with their locations they could sell a transport of it a day per station (I am not exaggerating). However- being a massive retailer with tremendous assets and the Wisconsin minimum markup law is oil terminal price based (set by the average oil company selling price of E85 plus freight, plus tax, plus 9.18%) they may be afraid of the very thing that happened to one other retailer sued for $12,000,000.  ::)  BTW- CNG, LP, and LNG are not covered by such law and neither was ethanol until the Dept of Ag ruled without lawmaker vote that it was.

I am workin' on KT :)

At least it's encouraging that the NEW stations still being built w/ E-85. Up here, Outlaw, they will be tearing down the citgo on FR Mall drive and putting a new store in there, and also they are building a new store near Ballard Rd and US 41.

With that mall store, there will be 3 stores/stations insanely close together. Within 10 minutes on foot, less than 3 min by car, apart. Just want the ethanol plants selling again up here :)

I hope that new con-struct has the good stuff, because usually their takeovers do not.