Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Ethanol’s discount to gasoline widened on speculation higher returns to make the

Ethanol’s discount to gasoline widened on speculation higher returns to make the fuel will prompt distillers to boost output.

The spread expanded 3.3 cents to 87.11 cents a gallon as the corn crush spread, or the difference between the cost of corn and the price of a gallon of ethanol, based on March contracts, rose to 14 cents from 13 cents yesterday, data compiled by Bloomberg show.

“The margins are still profitable, still pretty good,” said Matt Janney, a broker at Futures International LLC in Chicago. “Production has increased, so that’s a little negative.”

The Price Spread are terrible considering that Ethanol is trading for 87 cents less than Gasoline ..PLUS Rins are trading at around 30 cents ..so the spread is $1.17  but we (E85 drivers)

are only getting around 40 cents of that at Retail  http://www.e85prices.com/

The Price Spread on average SHOULD be in the 60-80 cent range..someone is pocketing some good money right now

Exactly right , Dan.

Wonder if it's time to contact the state attorney general ( of Colorado )and present a few of the  facts to him. I've tried to present a case to various media outlets around here to at least investigate what's going on, and even the local & state clean cities officials, but all I get is alot of shoulder shrugging...

There's more than enough data  here to start casting doubt about fairness.

Exactly right , Dan.

Wonder if it's time to contact the state attorney general ( of Colorado )and present a few of the  facts to him. I've tried to present a case to various media outlets around here to at least investigate what's going on, and even the local & state clean cities officials, but all I get is alot of shoulder shrugging...

There's more than enough data  here to start casting doubt about fairness.

I shouldn't be complaining..we have had it pretty good here in Minnesota compared to what you guys in Colorado have been going though.. Yes I would contact your State Attorney General and ask them to look into the pricing..back up your email/letter with the going rate for ethanol and gasoline

http://www.e85prices.com/colorado.html

post-1-138947099633_thumb.jpg

Yes, The Mobil in St Louis at the 229 mile marker on I 70 was $3.099 for E85 and I think $3.859 or less for regular. Makes no sense except it is handy to the Interstate.

st

Send a copy of the letter to the retail chains and their distributors...  if nothing else... the simple thought of investigators snooping around their books... might get them to "voluntarily" adjust their prices... ;)

Senators Feinstein and Coburn together on rollback legislation mean there may be a shakeup in (renewable)energy policy. Maybe not the first time around, but the wheels are now in motion.    It would be good for the ethanol industry to

pre-empt any such  attack by switching feedstock to something else -- sorghum, wheat, rye,  sugarbeets,  anything but corn. 

As with Dan,  I like the MSW approach --  an endless supply of cheap feedstock, close-by to any major city.  Why isn't this the focus of our renewable fuel cycle??