Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

It happened again...

So last night, I drove back to my mom's, and parked the E85mobile in the street so that I could shovel the driveway. Well low and behold, when I went to start my car, it wouldn't start. It made the exact same noises and behaved in the exact same way that it did back in March - only this time, I knew right away what the issue was - the remote start. The folks I bought my car from had it installed at ABC warehouse. I spoke to someone from the Chrysler dealership today, and he told me that the battery went bad. It had just been put in brand new back in March. The connection that seems pretty obvious to me is that the remote start caused some shorts somewhere, and there may be faulty wiring in the car. Here are a couple videos I took of what was happening with the electrical last night.

Oh, and I can't even use the remote start, since the screw that I would need to take out to replace the battery in the keychain is stripped!

post-2516-138947099592_thumb.jpg

You could always take it to a "professional"...  and have them tell you that your use of that "ethanol fuel" is causing your batteries excessive wear.... ???

;)

We.got.into a discussion about that via text the other night.  I recently had one of the ATF cooler lines on my Jeep fail causing a sudden loss of ATF and trans slippage between friday niht and sunday morning.  Sounded like one tow truck operator he talked to would have probably tried to blame our 10% blends being the cause of my transmission issue ::)  Funny thing though, one of the owners of thenshop Intook it to for repair (Dad didn't want to do it in the snow, and ai was working) knows I've splash blended the Jeep and hasn't had any warned me of any "issues" with doing so either.

Many years ago- about 6 months after opening our E85 station #2 (12th in WI) --I pulled out onto a state hwy at the exit of the station and I twisted off the output shaft in the Ford Taurus FFV tranny. (they were known for that defect)  I got out and as part of the code of distress- put on the flashers and raised the hood. First a state trooper stopped, looked at the well branded car, the station, and asked if I had just burned up my car on E85. Within 5 minutes a sheriff's deputy stopped and asked if I had a fuel problem. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Of course I had to let them both know that indeed E85 was the cause- the tranny could not handle the output torque of such racing fuel and that perhaps they might be able to perform their job better if they used the same. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P