Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

12 blender pump updates for Iowa

Dan, the following 12 stations are already listed as e85, but need to be listed as blenders.  I added a few phone numbers we were missing.

Kwik Star

7500 Nordic Drive

Cedar Falls IA

Kwik Star

605 Gilbert St.

Charles City IA

Kum & Go

5830 SE 14th St.

Des Moines IA

e15, 85

Ampride

121 N. Floyd Ave.

Hinton IA

712-947-4545

e20, 30

Ampride

1301 10th Ave. N.

Humboldt IA

515-604-6192

e15, 30, 85

Marcus Junction LLC

406 Highway 3

Marcus IA

(add phone# 712-376-2402)

e15 30, 85

Kum & Go

1203 Blairs Ferry Road

Marion IA

e30, 85

Cubby's

2501 210th Ave.

Percival IA

e20, 30, 85

Community Oil Company

1204 Golf Course Road

Rock Valley IA

e 20, 30, 40, 85

Jack Rabbit Junction

1708 Pierce Ave

Sibley IA

(add phone# 712-754-2586)

e30, 85

Green Plains Energy

701 4th Ave. W.

Spencer IA

(add phone# 712-262-6650)

e15, 30, 50, 85

Hy-Vee

665 S. 51st St.

West Des Moines IA

e30, 85

Dan,  I have called all on this list to verify (except the two Kwik Stars at the top of the list... 

Interesting to note that Kum & Go is now on there with two blenders, both in large markets (Des Moines and Marion!)  My "inside information guy" with K&G told me about 2 years ago that they were going to be getting into blenders, but it would take time.

In iowa you also have state incentives... plus some local plant incentives...  if you pair up all 3...  you get a good incentive to build infrastructure...

One that I called (called so many of them yesterday) mentioned that "when we first started, we were getting ethanol for the blender through a distributor, and we couldn't hardly sell any because the price was so high, NOW we are getting it directly from the plant.  NOW the prices are down, volume is up and everyone is making a profit..."

Pretty much the theory we've been talking about for years on here played out in real life.

One that I called (called so many of them yesterday) mentioned that "when we first started, we were getting ethanol for the blender through a distributor, and we couldn't hardly sell any because the price was so high, NOW we are getting it directly from the plant.  NOW the prices are down, volume is up and everyone is making a profit..."

Pretty much the theory we've been talking about for years on here played out in real life.

Morning Wintermute

That was Oil requiring them to buy through their distributor..wonder how they are getting around that now?

New legislation we missed?

Independents Stations that isn't an issue

If I'm not mistaken, this is an independent...  possibly "Don's Motor Mart in Lake Mills"... doesn't exactly sound like it is branded.

THIS really is the way forward for ethanol.

For some reason... my comment (that you quoted from) is showing up as wintermute's comment... but it showed that I edited it...  computer glitch?

WOW... you have been busy to have added all these already!

I have the 3 possible new stations to confirm, and 17 that "we have" on our list that RFA doesn't... that I want to verify that they are still open.  Those that are still open, I will make a list of phone numbers to add if needed.

Dan,

Another blender update I forgot to add...

K&G

SW Magazine Rd

Ankeny

e30, 85

Wintermute...

in the Des Moines area you now have 3 blenders

K&G in Ankeny, and southeast corner of metro

Hy-Vee in W. Des Moines... ( you can use your "fuel saver card" at Hy-vee for further savings ;)