Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Now employed by Carbon Green BioEnergy!

While in DC, I was told about a position that they had open in the ethanol plant. I just needed to wait for the plant manager to think it over, and he told me it's a go! I went in today (filled up while there at $1.99!), and met with said plant manager along with an operator. We discussed the general requirements of the job, and I got another tour of the plant. I'll be doing a lot of maintenance and cleaning work... nothing glamorous, but nothing extremely physically demanding either.

Positives:

-I'll be able to fuel up at work again!

-$1.999/gallon!

-I'm now working around people who reply "we agree" when I say "it's all oil's fault".

-I'm working around people who share my passion, and not people who make me want to pull my hair out (Rite Aid was not a great job).

-I'll pass a road called "GOODENOUGH" Road on my commute!

Wish me luck working here! Have to wait for the drug test on Tuesday, and I have quite a bit of safety training to go through.

post-2516-138947099464_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Gas----. You will find that an ethanol plant has numerous skilled positions to move into. Most will even see training/schools are made available to get there for those with a desire to move up.

Just don't smoke in distillation ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D Or loadout, or grain dump!

Seriously- a good wetcake loader, electrician, plant operator (1 year minimum training required), or wiz at welding stainless are particularly valued. Plant operators and maintenance staff with sound troubleshooting skills are top. You are working with live yeasts and trouble comes quickly when infections arrive or valves allow too much/too little enzymes in, etc. Unfortunately every batch can be a new experience-even with great SOPs- not as simple a baking a cake. Takes brains to figure it out when yield drops.

Now your testimony on THE HILL will no longer be non-biased LOL ;D ;D ;D

Thanks all. I don't smoke outlaw, can't afford it and don't want to lol! But thanks for the heads up, just a little concerned about that enzyme issue. As for the testimony, I can still refuse reimbursement  ;D

I'm hoping that H&H Mobil in the EL will sign on to the yellow hose program. I went in there and talked to the owner. He told me he is frustrated that J&H Marathon a half mile away is selling E85 for 80¢/gallon less than he is. He's mainly concerned about the logistical concerns of getting the fuel, but it sounds like he would like to join.

As for the eastern side of the state, they seem a little shaky. I'm really hopeful to get Speedy Q in... they're selling at horrible spreads.

Very good news, I'm very happy for you! 

-I'll pass a road called "GOODENOUGH" Road on my commute!

Now you can honestly say that "every day I go 'beyond good enough'..."

I get a kick out of witty local street names...  in Omaha we honestly have a business-industrial park that has a main avenue through it called "John Galt Boulevard"... 

Thanks Husker. That's actually a good point too! I go beyond good enough every time I go to work. I like the sound of that.

I went in today to drop off some paperwork, and I was told that I'm not actually starting with my job until after the start of the year. With the trip to DC that I couldn't afford, things are going to be extremely tight the next couple of weeks.