Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Murphy USA Enters E15 and E85 market!

I was elated when I caught wind of this a few moments ago. I absolutely loathe Walmart (through whom Murphy USA is affiliated), but this might at least make me start doing business with Murphy USA if their prices are competitive.

(December 11, 2013) WASHINGTON — Today, Murphy USA opened the first E15 (15 percent ethanol, 85 percent gasoline) station in Arkansas. It is located at 2720 N. West Avenue in El Dorado. The Arkansas station is also the second Murphy USA location to offer E85 (85 percent ethanol, 15 percent gasoline). E15 is approved for vehicles 2001 and newer, while both E15 and E85 can be used in flex fuel vehicles. Murphy USA operates 1,179 stores in 23 states throughout the country, with additional E15 and E85 locations being planned in the Midwest.

Link to more: http://www.ethanolrfa.org/news/entry/murphy-usa-opens-first-arkansas-e15-station/

"E-85 (85% Ethanol, 15% Unleaded Gasoline)

As part of our commitment to renewable fuels, we are currently testing this product and hope to expand its usage as it becomes more readily available."

lol..as it becomes more readily available.. ;D ..umm install it it and it WILL be more readily available

http://www.murphyusa.com/About-Us/#!s3

Yes if Murphy's starts installing E85 that will be big

"E-85 (85% Ethanol, 15% Unleaded Gasoline)

As part of our commitment to renewable fuels, we are currently testing this product and hope to expand its usage as it becomes more readily available."

lol..as it becomes more readily available.. ;D ..umm install it it and it WILL be more readily available

http://www.murphyusa.com/About-Us/#!s3

Yes if Murphy's starts installing E85 that will be big

You can bet that a oil refiner such as Murphy will know exactly where they can buy ethanol. Not only that but they could supply a denaturant to an ethanol plant and have them blend onsite an E85. ;D

Dan,

should this be listed as a "blender pump" (El Dorado AR) since they have e15 and e85?

I notice they have 18 gas stations currently under construction...

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/post/96084/in-el-dorado-murphy-to-open-1200th-gas-station

Curious to see if ALL 18 of these are e15/85!  Then to see how long till they start retrofitting their existing network of stations nationwide! (1200)...

Murphy is planning a few more locations with both E15 and E85 in Iowa, and they are still shooting for early February. Beyond that, they have stayed quiet on their plans, like most retailers. All of these stations, with the exception of one, will be in front of a Walmart Supercenter.

As for one question about their first station, it is not a blender pump like we are used to in the Midwest. Last I heard, their stations in Iowa will all be using an old tank previously used for midgrade for their E15. Shouldn't be any blending at the station.

here (Nebraska) they only have fuel in front of Sams Clubs... not the walmarts.

I was wondering if you would see e0 go bye-bye...  replaced by e15... 

e10 super unleaded (87 octane in NE/IA)

e15

premium (ethanol free)

Would be nice if they replaced premium with e85....  use same tanks and same pumps...  just more ethanol options.

As for one question about their first station, it is not a blender pump like we are used to in the Midwest. Last I heard, their stations in Iowa will all be using an old tank previously used for midgrade for their E15. Shouldn't be any blending at the station.

So are they going to be selling E15 without E10, or are there going to be tanks for E10, E15, and E85?