Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Performance Boaters love E85

---the makers of these snake oil products will spend big money to make the market bigger. Oil majors condescend because their refinery by-products go to these manufacturers of additives- let alone the work these shucksters do to make it seem only good ole fossil is best .

so you mean OilProfits from the fear ? !I'm shocked  ;D

"Oil majors condescend because their refinery by-products go to these manufacturers of additives-"

Phil, I don't bother with the glass jar---I just shake the red plastic jug before filling every time and I can guarantee the Stihl chain saw gets mixed when I pick it up and check the see through fuel level window and pull on it a few times before it starts. I just used it a couple of weeks ago and the E10/oil in it is well over a year old. I know that's not good but I want to push to see how bad I can treat it and have it still do the job. :) I hear people say E10 won't last 2 weeks and I know that's total BS.

I use the glass because it gives me a handle on how well the oil stays suspended (because I like to know). The interesting thing is that I have yet to find my E10/oil mixes to separate vs the old days of E0 and old style 2 stroke oil where it nearly always separated.