Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

2014 Silverado has On Board Ethanol Sensor %content% Display?

Anyone see the 2014 Silverado in person yet?  May have a % ethanol content display ..

Not sure If I am reading this article correctly

The on-board sensor read 65% ethanol content, with 1/8 tank of E10 diluting the mixture, when the dyno read 321hp and 355 lb-ft of torque

Read more: http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/engines/1306_2014_silverado_solid_baseline/#ixzz2k9DVO8V6

Or  if it is simply a Laptop display that Lingenfelter is using

I think I need to pull into the Chevy dealer today .. that's pretty cool if it does..

Changing the subject slightly, it really bugs me that every vehicle can't have a real sensor. My aunt has a Mercedes that if the key is in close proximity to the car, all you do is tap the door handle and it unlocks. I'm finding out that many new cars have this and wonder if this costs very much. Here's what happened to her the other day. She rode with a friend in a Lexus to choir practice and when they went to leave the lady says she left her keys in her purse that is locked in the car. My aunt says to tap the door handle and it opens so that is good but what a joke---somebody could have stolen the car.