Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Minneapolis station starts selling higher-ethanol E15

If they sold E30 or E50 here in Des Moines, I'd give it a try and see what my MPG does.  I take a pretty good hit running E85, but as long as the price spread it good I don't care.  When I go on longer trip though, the higher miles per tank would be a nice option.

If they sold E30 or E50 here in Des Moines, I'd give it a try and see what my MPG does.  I take a pretty good hit running E85, but as long as the price spread it good I don't care.  When I go on longer trip though, the higher miles per tank would be a nice option.

Suprised there aren't any blender pumps in Des Moines .    As long as E15 and E30 are on Blenders It makes no difference to me ...my problem is when they want to make E15  or E30 a Base fuel for everyone ..because all that will do is push up the price of ethanol..thuse higher fuel cost.

The blender pump at Primghar Iowa(ProGo) is set up right. When I put E30 in the 2000 Buick last evening I noticed things have changed to 87 E10 and E15 out of the black nozzle and E20,30,and 85 out of the yellow nozzle. They are getting E85 right from the close by ethanol plant to blend with.

As far as I know, there are no blender pumps in Des Moines, at least that I have been able to find.

In fact, until just about a month ago, I had never even seen one until I was driving back from LakeView Iowa last month, and saw E85 advertised for $2.14 a Gallon.  I couldn't beleive it.  I stopped and filled up as much as I could, as I haven't ever seen it that cheap.  I went in, bought a doghnut and coffee, and asked if they sold a lot of E85 there, the Cashier said they sold some..  I told them they had the best price on it I had ever seen, and they were doing it right...  I think Super Regular there was just at $3.18 at the time.  It was a sinclair station of some sort...

87 E10 and E15 out of the black nozzle and E20,30,and 85 out of the yellow nozzle.

this really is the ideal...  Omaha also doesn't have any blender pumps.

These seem to be a "RURAL" thing... with only stations doing it that get USDA rural development grants.

Too bad, because a few very well placed, and properly priced blenders like the one you are talking about in metro areas would sell an astronomical amount of ethanol. 

with only stations doing it that get USDA rural development grants

Actually, the local ethanol plant,Little Sioux Corn Processors, gave a big chunk of the money. If anybody in Iowa wants to put one in, they still have $15,000 to give towards the installation.

http://domesticfuel.com/2013/10/29/ethanol-plant-offering-blending-pump-grants/