Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Closed E85 Stations

The Meijer stations here in the Detroit area are having sporadic "out of order" issues. It's a crap shoot whether they will be working or not. The employees that work there are absolutely no help in regards to the issue.

I know this isn't the same as not carrying it anymore, but if you have sources that may know what the problem is I would love to know.

East Central Iowa Co-op in Hudson has been having "issues" the last week.  Supposedly it was supposed to be fixed today.  I think they just wanted to sell more gasoline.

Edit: Just stopped around.  Still got bags over the pump handles.  This really irritates me.

The Meijer stations here in the Detroit area are having sporadic "out of order" issues.  It's a crap shoot whether they will be working or not.  The employees that work there are absolutely no help in regards to the issue.

I know this isn't the same as not carrying it anymore, but if you have sources that may know what the problem is I would love to know.

Which meijer stations do you speak of? All of them or just isolated ones....?

hopefully not the taylor one, that is the closest to my house.

Ok they got it working today.  Filled up for 2.07.

Rusty,  forgot to tell you I was down in Waterloo over the weekend and filled up in Hudson at the Coop . I also spoke with them and they said the issue was a bad leak sensor in the pump. Something about a bad design on the pump.  Anyway real nice people ..E85 was $2.44 Unleaded I believe was $2.89

Just got back an email from the NEVC folks.  I let them know that Kroger in Dallas has stopped pumping E85.  They called the store and the manager told them that he quit pumping E85 due to pricing issues. No other details.  This is also the station that was selling E85 for more than regular unleaded.

This is also the station that was selling E85 for more than regular unleaded.

Yep thats a pricing issue  :D

You would think that Kroger setup direct purchase relationships with Ethanol..apparently not ?