Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Carbon Green BioEnergy... met with them today!

I met the CEO of Carbon Green BioEnergy, through twitter. I've mentioned a couple of times that this company has struck a deal with almost two dozen west/central Michigan locations that sells these stations near rack-price fuel, on the condition that they maintain a MINIMUM of $1 spread. I am told that half a dozen are either currently under construction or planned.

But here is what we talked about today:

-They are coming out with an advertising campaign soon. Right now, the company is primarily focused on west Michigan, due to the fact that they are only working with two locations in the Lansing Metro. They do however realize that Lansing is a very good market for E85, and they will expand efforts through television and mailings in the near future.

-Speedway contacted cgbe this morning about striking this same deal.

-6 more locations are either under construction, or in the planning stage. This includes the owners of the Hartford and St Joseph Shell stations, down along I-94 in southwest Michigan, who are planning three more.

Needless to say, these are also very much dedicated people, who are getting the word out. They've known about me, Jim, and a couple other users on this site for quite some time.

And to that point Dan, they asked me for your contact info. I do not have it, but if you are interesting in remaining in contact with this company, send Mitch your contact info through personal message or twitter (both using the username ZL1DER).

Thanks Aaron..yes I'll give Mitch a ring... I hear he is a big API fan  ;D

Yes. He and I had a big competition today to see who is a bigger fan of API. Sadly, I lost.  ;D

Can't believe I forgot to mention this as well. They told me today that the ethanol they sell, and subsequently the E85 I put into my tank, has no petroleum-based product in it whatsoever. The 15% "gasoline" is actually natural gas, according to what they told me, confirming suspicions we had back in late winter. Of course, this puts me between a rock and a hard place. My dad is actually an activist against hydraulic fracturing (aka "fracking"), and I'm strongly against it myself. So...  :o

I am a big fan of e85, with the g15 (15% gas), being the "natural gas liquids" aka drip gas, aka white gas, aka denaturent...

1.  Cheaper (helps widen the spread between e85 and gas all that much more... drawing in more and more people to the alternative fuel)

2.  Domestic (not a dime leaves the country, nor does it go to folks that don't like us, nor does any American have to sacrifice their children's lives to protect this resource)

3.  NOT A DIME GOES TO BIG OIL, removing 100% of my fuel $ from international oil cartel's coffers!!!

I would like to see the ethanol industry work cooperatively with the natural gas industry to work out a way to streamline the production and distribution of this fuel...  it would help the gas folks (more and larger markets for what is for them a bi-product) , but it would also help the ethanol industry for the above reasons...

James- I still have two cents worth ;D  I still say the truck would be the least important, least profitable part of the E85 distribution business. There are thousands of brokers of all kinds of products who earn a very good living on narrow margins and the only expense is phone, some light travel (market development), and a small amount of computer/office gear. You make money by your knowledge, perseverance, and not sharing how you do it- ask any grain or commodity broker. Oil jobbers also often lack trucks- I bought from them rather than the high cost guys who owned trucks. The trick is your target market must be stations who were smart enough (or have not built yet and can be convinced) to plant 10,000-12,000 gallon tanks. It is pure stupidity to plant a smaller tank. But then, what do I know-I'm obviously just an old goat. LOL.                                                                           

Btw- natural gasoline can be the product of crude or well drip oil and is lightly refined and cleaned up to strip sulfur and maintain a certain range of product-mainly pentane. The sulfur content for natural gasoline is far lower than gasoline.

I'm obviously just an old goat. LOL.                                                                           

is that your picture under your name to the right?

;D