Sign in to follow this  
Billyk24

New mileage champ uses E85 at 129 mpg!

Coming to your local dealership soon? ;)

edison2verylightcaronE85_zps2d8296cf.jpg

edison2sideview_zps3b62bda5.jpg

Yes the Edison 2 recently competed in the Progressive Insurance Automotive X-Prize and won $5 million dollars with this Very Lite Car-non-hybrid model.  Read more via this link: http://www.edison2.com/very-light-car-overview/

"  we are using is a 250 cc, one-cylinder internal combustion engine from a Yamaha WR 250R.  fueled by E85. "

The X Prize one-cylinder 250 cc internal combustion engine met cold start emission standards (Roush).  The Very Light Car adds a turbocharger, increases compression, uses extensive exhaust gas recirculation and reengineered internal parts and runs on E85. A similarly efficient gasoline engine we considered doable but would have taken longer, especially the emissions system. 

or  a goggle search of Edison 2. 

would be cool to see a production run made of these... expensive toys... make some improvements modifications...

Who knows what sort of technology could be gleaned out of this information.

Very cool.

Yeah, I remember when they won and no one seemed to care. Except me of course.  ;) I heard some complaints about E85 getting an unfair advantage due to rules. But I never got around to checking that out.