Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Canada is NOT E85 friendly...

...and not quite as environmentally-friendly as they are thought to be.

So I filled up yesterday at $2.209 (nice!), when I noticed someone in a brand new flex fuel Taurus pulling up to the gas/diesel pump in front of me. I noticed it also had an Ontario plate. First Canadian flex fuel car I've seen! I was prepared to make an E85 pitch, before the guy asked me how to get the fuel door open. He didn't realize that the newer Ford vehicles don't have a fuel cap. I pointed it out to him, and then told him he could save about 20¢/Litre by pulling up to the next pump and buying E85. He replied "oh no, they told me not to use that stuff". He told me he the rental car company he got it from in Toronto instructed him NOT to use E85. Could it be because there isn't E85 within several dozen kilometres of Toronto?

if they are FFV... and the owners manual says that they can accept e0-e85...  what is the problem...  It would be one thing if people were using kerosene or lamp oil...  but it it is built to take a fuel... what difference does it matter to anyone...

If they were more educated, they would recommend it, as it will help keep the engine and fuel system running cleaner, longer and reduce maintenance on the vehicle for the rental company.

Maybe it's written in the rental contract --  I know Enterprise appears to be more

accepting of FFVs & fuels.  I believe it's advertised on their websites & literature..