Sign in to follow this  
85racer

Gasoline pricing

What is going on with the price of regular gas in Omaha. Not that I care because I burn E85 @ $2.64/gal, but most stations are pricing E10 $0.10 less than E0, some stations have e10 $0.30 less than E0 and a few stations have E10 $0.10 HIGHER than E0. And I seeing this price difference just blocks apart.

Another note, at the drag races last night, I overheard some guys say race gas is over $15.00 a gallon and it costs them over $75 just for 112 octane race gas for one day at the race. My brother commented, we pay less than that $75.00 for race gas and for the gas to get to the races for the tow vehicle combined for TWO days at the races. Note: we are putting street legal 105+ octane in both vehicles!

I've been wondering that as we'll. bucky's is selling reg unl 87 octane e10 and 89 octane super unl Anglo e10.  I can't remember the price difference but the reg unl is now cheaper

Curious how one gets to 89 octane with 84 base gas

Seems to be no rhyme or reason.

Quote from husker: "Curious how one gets to 89 octane with 84 base gas"

A blend of 84 suboctane and 91 octane premium.

Quote from E85racer:

"Another note, at the drag races last night, I overheard some guys say race gas is over $15.00 a gallon and it costs them over $75 just for 112 octane race gas for one day at the race. My brother commented, we pay less than that $75.00 for race gas and for the gas to get to the races for the tow vehicle combined for TWO days at the races. Note: we are putting street legal 105+ octane in both vehicles!"

When I was running Renew one of the most enjoyable parts was helping guys with information and contacts to convert race cars to E85. A lot of guys did this as long as the sanctioning body approved. While some did the conversion to save money- all appreciated the cooler running and increased torque.