Sign in to follow this  
jeepn30

Goin' yellow....literally

I finally converted my toy in the garage.  It's my 2012 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic in stinger yellow.  Got the conversion kit from JonnyEnergy.  Haven't made my way yet to the E85 pump yet, as I probably will this weekend when I start vacation.

302yya0.jpg

don't forget to top your conversion with a nice chrysler FFV badge (from ebay is the best place), applied with double sided 3M tape available at any parts store, and even some Walmarts.

May be able to find a yellow gas cap... check to see if other Chrysler products use the same lid, then check a "u-pull-it" scrap yard.

So far so good....going to take a nice road trip for a few days to see what kind of mileage I get on a tank of E85...just kind of hard to do just the speed limit in it, when it has so much more.....

So far so good....going to take a nice road trip for a few days to see what kind of mileage I get on a tank of E85...just kind of hard to do just the speed limit in it, when it has so much more.....

It's hard enough with my 200, that's got to be a PITA to have to hold yourself back when driving around here!

going to take a nice road trip for a few days to see what kind of mileage I get on a tank of E85...

Very Nice jeepin..I prefer the Challenger over the Charger ..

Challenger RT and your checking MPG ?  ;D

Challenger RT and your checking MPG ?  ;D

Well I was more interested in mpg difference between gas and E85.  I got right at about 320 miles on my trip (left with about 1/8th tank left) twice while consuming about 15 gallons of E85 (what I put in at the gas station), for a rough average of 21.3mpg.  I filled up once on premium gas and got 360 miles on about 15.5 gallons of gas, for about a 23.2mpg average on that tank.  So I averaged roughly about a 2mpg loss, which is very good considering that the car requires premium, which would significantly add to my gas expenditure. 

How has the Challemger been treating you Jeepn?

My kid sister is lookimg to trade off her 3.5l Charger SE for a '14 R/T Classic in either Plum Crazy w/the white R/T stripes (her preferred color choice) or Header Orange if the salesman I bought my 200 from can find one for her.