Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Flex fuel and EcoBoost - A marriage that DOES exist!

Today I went to make a quick grocery run, and I noticed a Ford F150 in the parking lot. Out of curiosity, I drove by it to see if it was flex fuel. I turned around after passing it, and decided to leave an E85 flyer on the windshield. I also noticed an EcoBoost badge on the left side. I thought... "Wait a minute, wasn't this flex fuel? There aren't any flex fuel and EcoBoost ford vehicles. Sure enough, both badges are on the vehicle. I have to wonder how good that truck's fuel economy is on E85.

I haven't been able to figure out why these Ecoboost engines have not been flex...but you are correct, I have not yet seen any that are.

Ford site says the 3.7L and 5.0L engines in the F-150 are FFV but the 3.5L ecoboost is not.

Yet the 3.5L in the Taurus which is the same engine IS FFV.

The ecoboosts SHOULD be flex there is no legitimate reason not to..

I know my cousin's Ecoboost Ford 150 isn't flex but with all the air it can cram into the combustion chamber, seems it should be flex. Wonder if somebody did like Husker and stuck a Flex badge on.

Today I went to make a quick grocery run, and I noticed a Ford F150 in the parking lot. Out of curiosity, I drove by it to see if it was flex fuel. I turned around after passing it, and decided to leave an E85 flyer on the windshield. I also noticed an EcoBoost badge on the left side. I thought... "Wait a minute, wasn't this flex fuel? There aren't any flex fuel and EcoBoost ford vehicles. Sure enough, both badges are on the vehicle. I have to wonder how good that truck's fuel economy is on E85.

I just wonder that if flex fuel and turbo--just how big of a boat or camper that puppy can haul ;D

opening a lid of another guy's car to check what color a gas cap is under there...  is a bit like lifting a skirt on a guy's wife/daughter to see if she really is wearing...  ooops I'll stop there... :-X

Just something you should NOT do.  Not speaking from any experience (on either) here... just speculation/common sense. ;D