Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Ethanol futures down at $1.66 for January and February

It should be interesting to see where this goes, especially when looking at thefolloeing months :-*

BTW, Did you see the price posted for Oswego?  CMoody posted a price of $2.07 a gallon there and according to my Speedway app, No. Aurora is $2.12???  I don't think gas has been that cheap here since '09 and well into W's first term prior to that!

It should be interesting to see where this goes, especially when looking at thefolloeing months :-*

BTW, Did you see the price posted for Oswego?  CMoody posted a price of $2.07 a gallon there and according to my Speedway app, No. Aurora is $2.12???  I don't think gas has been that cheap here since '09 and well into W's first term prior to that!

I sent Oswego in to WGN News this morning hoping they will pick it up as Best in the Nation

If the commodity "experts" on TV are right, corn should keep going down after the report Monday morning. Ethanol should follow I suppose. I know we don't have a bumper crop around here so if the "funds" succeed in driving corn down into the $3's, I think I might buy some on the CBOT for when "they" decide we don't have this huge corn crop. ;)

isn't that what THEY do all the time?  Come out with speculative predictions to drive market down... buy a bunch helping prop up market, then come out with opposing "revisions" to their predictions, causing market to sky rocket, then sell... 

Make a killing.

My dad used to say (back when legal gambling was not so prevelent in our country) that gambling was only legal in 3 cities...  Atlantic City, Las Vegas and Chicago (CBOT)...  The latter was the most profitable because of all the manipulation in that market with bogus reports...

If the commodity "experts" on TV are right, corn should keep going down after the report Monday morning. Ethanol should follow I suppose. I know we don't have a bumper crop around here so if the "funds" succeed in driving corn down into the $3's, I think I might buy some on the CBOT for when "they" decide we don't have this huge corn crop. ;)

You mean like the added fluctuations that will occur just before crop insurance and other govt program dates where the gov'ment wants prices low, then high to minimize program expense? So it is more than just speculators,- govt has motives behind their reports too. ;D

Wow, $2.07? And that's without any discounts. You lucky ducks over there in the land of Lincoln!  ;D

Unfortunately Speedway doesn't operate near Rockford in the Land of Lincoln.  E85 is 2.89 here....which is good for this area.....but not anywhere near 2.07.....

So it is more than just speculators,- govt has motives behind their reports too. ;D

WHAT?  Are you saying that the government that WE (the people) elected and fund with our taxes is presenting false information to manipulate markets and to avoid paying that they have promised to pay?  OMG!

I can't believe it.  I thought the government was only there to help, and that any data they compile and make public is well research, honest, impartial and factual....

Hmmmm, since you brought THIS up, do you suppose this is just an "isolated incident" where overzelous (but I'm sure well intended) staffers in regional offices have simply "overstepped their authority" in a zeal to be "effecient"?

I'm TOTALLY confident that this is the case....  (dripping wet with sarcasim)