Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Been sneaking E15 into my mom's '12 Forester

So the past couple of tank filling in my mom's Subaru have been E15. I've been getting her fuel a couple of times, anxiously awaiting to prove anti-etoh people wrong. Well, so far so good. Not a single problem. I would have tried E30, but this is amusing enough. Now I just have to figure out when to tell her ;D

And don't tell me E-15 has lower mileage! I'd say this is quite good for "city" mileage!

post-2516-138947097613_thumb.jpg

LOL

I ran alot of E-20 (when we had it here) in my mom's (age 82) 1998 town car. She just rolled 50,000 in it last week, got it new in 1998  ;)

Soob will do fine even on the E-30, no worries man. You know that already though.

That's my thought exactly. But boy howdy were my parents livid when I told them I did that. I was accused of disrespecting her property. She told me her car had misfired a couple weeks ago, but I've only been putting E-15 into it since Monday. The car just burned through all of its E-10 the other day. I have so far been unable to make her realize that she was already running E-10, and this is such a very minute step up.

Reminds me of when my dad was putting E-10 (then gasohol) into the family '01 Lumina. My mom thought he was ruining the car!

Not really a stunt  ;)

We all know that car wouldn't have been harmed. Maybe eventually my parents will believe it's harmless.

Here is a long running thread by Hotrod (Larry) who was an early innovator who studied E85, tested it in his Soob and then modified it to run straight E85 with stock everything except for larger injectors. Read it for yourself;

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=803341

I did this with my mom's van but I talked to her about it first. ;D She wanted to see some documentation saying it was safe so I sent her the EPA waiver for E15 and then another one testing E20 in a Duratec/MZR. It's running E20 right now.

Old topic, but my mom has finally opened up to using E-15. She has been saying for several days that she was going to be using it, without my asking her to do so. I finally got her to put it in today, and we bought at the nick of time. 9.28 gallons for $29.87! She got 23 mpg on the drive home.

Good to hear. I have always had to be a good amount over E-20 to ever see a difference in mileage. One of the two of my vehicles has no noticeable loss on E-30, but one does. Beyond E-30 it's noticeable on both in town, and the percentage of loss much less on the highway.

I t is save! They had done it in Brazil since 1970s ,where all regular gasoline has nave a 25% mix of ETANOL(ALCOHOL)since then ,No complaints

Only fear ,instigated by ''BIG OIL'' is keeping us from having the same mix and saving $ billions in oil imports!