Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Fill up on facts? Oh don't worry, I am!

It looks like the API's latest FUD campaign is under way. Wasn't there a rumor about this recently? I guess the CRC study being picked apart wasn't enough for them.

The biggest lie in advertising is that it must be true in some form or fashion. In fact if they can get away with outright lies they will lie. There's nothing partisan about it.

I like in Brazil where they have "quad flex" or some such vehicles...

gas (e20-25), e85, hydrous e100 or natural gas...  depending on what you have available, and what is the best price for you... use it.

Hard to manipulate THAT market...  propbably why it would never be allowed to happen here... when people can eliminate choices in a market, it is much easier to profit from manipulating it.

That's exactly why I'm not arguing for E85 as the end all solution for gasoline. I AM arguing for it as a viable option that I hope to see succeed.

I'm going to take an optimistic spin here. I think that the reason they're launching this campaign is because they're scared. With the rapid inflation of gas prices we saw in June, a lot of people realized they had an option. Regardless of whether or not the lower mpg is a deterrent, a lot of people are more willing to use E85 when it's $1 cheaper than gasoline, as opposed to 20¢ cheaper. Why else would we see E85 prices surge with gas prices? Because these stations moved through their inventory faster than they had expected. It's also a show of desperation that the API has only seemed to pay for these ads to be on the ethanol and corn pages at Nasdaq. You're considering using E85 and want to look up the ethanol-related stocks? Here's why you shouldn't do that.

I agree with your thoughts outrageous!

They (oil/gas industry) never liked RFS, or ethanol for that matter, but thought they should "play nice" for appearance sake.  They have done everything possible to not make the RFS work, and have been planting the doubts in the public's mind since day one.  Now that spreads are widening, and people are figuring out how to avoid their rigged market (read article about SD station's blender pumps and their 28% blend wall, article about Iowa plant that is distributing directly from the plant and giving consumers GREAT prices), they are now calling in on all their investments in mis-information to kill off the RFS.