Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Fill up on facts? Oh don't worry, I am!

I was looking at corn futures while having breakfast, and I saw something that caught my eye.

I clicked on the link, and scrolling down the page, I was disgusted to read the outright lies these people are telling readers about ethanol. How is it bad for the environment? I'd read to find out, but I've had more than enough already.

Also interesting that they only seem to be advertising on the corn and ethanol pages.

And gosh... BIG surprise to see who is behind it. Anyone remember this woman?

post-2516-138947097591_thumb.jpg

post-2516-138947097607_thumb.jpg

At what point could ACE or Growth Energy (largest lobby groups for ethanol industry) hold people like this personally liable for their libel/slander and the negative economic effect this is having on their market?

Seriously, if I were to go around spouting lies such as this about say, microsoft computer software...  (it is embedded with viruses and will steal your personal information, and is not compatable with most computers, and will shorten the lives of the computer...) dedicated web sites to spreading this mis information, and spent millions advertising these lies...

DON'T you think I'd be receiving a letter, hand delivered by a sheriff deputy ordering me to stop what I was doing, and to appear in court, be no doubt found guilty, and end up paying a MASSIVE fine to microsoft for the damages...

WHY do we let them get away with these lies! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

I like the lower left hand corner....

"People of America's Oil and Gas Industry"...  they don't even hide who is funding this...

Seriously, would this be put up with in ANY other industry?

Love the "blend wall will be reached this year"...  "RFS is irreversably broken"...  "cellulosic ethanol, the immaginary fuel"...

Apparently if you lie often enough, loud enough, and over a long enough time... it becomes true, and any evidence to the contrary becomes a lie... any talk about your tactics becomes a conspiracy theory... >:( >:( >:( >:(

Hey Brad I use to fight advertisers like BP , Shell , Ethanol Free Gas etc.. from advertising on my site..was a constant battle .. but then realized...

What better way to fund the E85 Message than to use Oils Money  :)

post-1-138947097608_thumb.png

as a "right wing tea bagger" myself...  this bugs the hell out of me...

One thing that always amazed me about this "ethanol community" is that you find avid supporters from both the far right, and far left.  Oddly enough, we (ethanol community) have extreme opponents on both the far right and far left as well...  (drill baby drill folks and don't burn food envirnomentalists).

Many people who are/have been vocal supporters of the ethanol industry are right wing conservatives from the mid west.  This is not a pure party issue.  For every right wing politician that sees this as an opportunity to finagle a little power and money from the oil industry, there is one left wing politician that does the same with an envirnomental group... both out to destroy the ethanol industry.

BOTH sides do the same thing.  Ignore facts, present outright lies as facts, and discredit any information to the contrary.

Come on guys movethe POlitics to the Politics thread.. Members from Both Sides of the Aisles support Ethanol as well as Members Both Sides of the Aisles support Oil

Get back on topic

sorry for that.  You have a point there dan.  One of the reasons I love this place, diverse people from diverse backgrounds with diverse beliefs, all agreeing on one thing!

I sent this dirtbag group a well worded comment pointing out the flaws in their propoganda.  Suggest we should all be doing this!

I fight a constant battle on GB and truth is my driving premise. And Husker, like you I think the single most aggravating part of this is the outright false information people just believe "because".

James is right about some people having no soul...but I don't think it's political at all, not for me. To me, the soul-less try to paint lies as truth and facts as lies, and have no guilt in doing so.

As Dan says I know alot of people fighting for the truth are staunch on both sides of the political aisle, yet we seem to have a common goal that's what's pretty cool about this. It is also what gives me some hope and it's the fact that with some people, facts do matter no matter where your ideology leans :) Fortunately, not everyone tows the partisan line exclusively.

The truth will win Husker, as you pointed out before through grass roots stuff like alot of ethanol advocates do. We just keep on buying as much of the good stuff as we can, and as little of that other fuel as we have to. Others will catch on to what we already know, right?

Sorry Husky- I totally disagree.  Both parties are not the same.

There is but one political party intent on lying to the public and destroying America.    They have no soul.  They are evil.  They are in league with Satan.  They are called republicans.

Enough said.

I somewhat agree then I turn on CNBC today and see Santori (Some say the man who started the whole Tea party movement) excited about his vehicle conversion to natural gas and spouting out how he loves many choices for fuel. Both parties are way deep in big oils pocket.  So far that your guaranteed to grab something else reaching for it.