Sign in to follow this  
BJoe

Went to visit a friend today.

I say his friend already had it made for him... gotta save money somehow!

He's got a supercharged pre Flex Fuel Silverado that he's just finished putting back together and he nearly ran it on E85 until he discovered it's not that easy for him to get........not sure if his folks would let him set up a still in the back yard, he's already for a little dirt oval for RC cars back there.

That reminds me of the time my wife and I were alone at my parent's lake cabin for the week and we drove past a corn field, which made her hungry for corn on the cob. She insisted I stop, which is where I started to grumble about not stealing corn. Of course I quickly lost that argument and she came back to the car with 4 ears. It did not taste good, I assume because it wasn't sweet corn, but she finished off what she cooked. Two bites was enough for me.

when I was a kid, we would always have the last two rows of corn, (usually about 1/4 mile long) planted to sweet corn...  we caclulated 1 row for us, 1 row for the coon...

if the coon took more then their share (no signed  contract), we would harvest a bit of field corn.  We would boil the ears, then slice kernels off with very sharp knife and freeze in zip-lock bag.  As long as you didn't do more then 2 field corn for every 3 sweetcorn, you could hardly tell the difference.

We would pup up about 20 gallons of sweet corn every summer.  Not to mention 20 gallons of summer apple sauce from the massive Gravenstien tree by the bin site.

Years ago when I managed 3 movie theatres and hauled 50# bags of popcorn, if a bag leaked I'd end up with corn growing in the back of my pickup in any seam or crack where a little dirt would accumulate.

Of course it wouldn't grow THAT tall.  ;D