Sign in to follow this  
jeepn30

Dodge Dart flex fuel

Was browsing fueleconomy.gov today, and saw E85 numbers for a 2013 Dodge Dart.  Has anyone seen a flexfuel Dart yet?  I was browsing Cars.com, and every dart listed as flexfuel was not mentioned so on the window sticker.  Since my pops put in 30 plus years at Chrysler, and that the Dart is made here in my backyard... Well, just curious, I guess.  The frustrating part is it's the 2.0L Tigershark and not the Turbocharged 1.4L that is flexfuel.  But I guess it will give competition to the flexfuel Focus.

agree, nice to see 2 compact sedans on the market...  Ford- Focus, Dodge- Dart...  that leaves GM- ????...  oops they backed out of their Chevy- Cruz.  THAT would have been a good FFV vehicle.

Maybe if these two have increasing sales, and they get some pressure, it could happen.

Ahhh a subject I have been following for some time. The FFV engine will arrive in the Dart for the 2014 model year. It never made it into the 2013s I read somewhere... was the link from one of these threads here??? Maybe not.

Edit: OK This may have been my source but I still don't remember where I first saw it.

http://green.autoblog.com/2013/04/19/sae-congress-chrysler-tigershark-e85-dodge-dart/

or maybe it was here:

http://awakeatthewheel.net/tag/flex-fuel-dodge/

Another edit: HUSKER, as you know, per info presented by Dan and James, the Cruze is one but it isn't one  ;)    8)  LOL if I can push a couple of Hyundais mile after mile  and no CEL trigger with E40-50, the cruze could probably do at least that good.

Ahhh a subject I have been following for some time. The FFV engine will arrive in the Dart for the 2014 model year. It never made it into the 2013s I read somewhere... was the link from one of these threads here??? Maybe not.

This would explain why I didn't see flexfuel anywhere on the window stickers, or a nice yellow fuel cap on any of them at the local dealership.  It was sort of frustrating, as I selected the e85/gasoline search option on cars.com, I did get a list of cars listed under there.  However, the window stickers did not mention E85. 

It was like that for the 2012 Focus until they did the 2012.5 mid year update. The VIN says flexfuel for all 2012 Foci. But only the ones made after a certain point are badged as flexfuel and have the yellow gas cap.

was just at my friendly dodge dealership....  their vans, darts, avengers, trucks...  all the FFVs (even the few 2012s left) were without badges (we don't need no stinkn badges)

They did have the yellow caps.  on the sticker in the window, the only mention was at the VERY end, at the end of "optional equipment"...

I was specifically looking for this, and had to look very hard to find it.

I asked one of the well dressed gentlemen, and he knew what FFV was, but was unaware that they didn't have the badges, and was a bit embarrased that I had to point this out to him.

was just at my friendly dodge dealership....  their vans, darts, avengers, trucks...  all the FFVs (even the few 2012s left) were without badges (we don't need no stinkn badges)

They did have the yellow caps.  on the sticker in the window, the only mention was at the VERY end, at the end of "optional equipment"...

My Grand Cherokee doesn't have a flex fuel badge....very few of them do.  Did you see any Darts with a yellow cap?