Sign in to follow this  
BigGreen

2013 Chevrolet Silverado, E85, no badge!

So, we went to Ludington, MI for the 4th of July, it was awesome.

Because of space needed and not wanting issues with our own old car, we rented a 2013 Chevy Silverado, had some 10,000 miles on it.

No badge on the tailgate, but a yellow gasoline cap with E85 on it, and window stickers on both front windows (inside, kind of clear), stating Ethanol E85, and a link to a website (not this one), I forgot the link.

Said so, the rental truck broke down on the way back (CEL, no oil in egine, blew all oil within 300 miles of driving).

Enterprise delivered us a 2013 Dodge RAM with 5,000 miles on the clock, and FlexFuel badge on the tailgate. It had the window stickers as well.

Just thought I share. I thought you would want to sell your products and be proud of that you offer FlexFuel, Chevrolet might do it undercover. I wonder how many buyers actually don't buy a FlexFuel when they see it, because they do not know.

Greetings!

GM has been doing this lately on several of the new models.

Cool to see that Enterprise has stickers on windows about e85... one of the ideas that I'd long talked about.

I wonder if someone will blame the lack of oil in the Chevy with your putting e85 in it... ;) ;D

I don't think the stickers were from Enterprise. They looked like etched into the windows. And in the same place on the Chevrolet and GMC.

I can't look it up even though I drive by there every day, they don't have pick up trucks at their location here in town, they have them delivered as requested.

Oh yes, the mechanic checking out the Chevrolet said that the oil was coming out between the oil filter and block, so he thinks someone tightened the oil filter, too much, obviously with a wrench or so.

Greetings!

Oh yes, the mechanic checking out the Chevrolet said that the oil was coming out between the oil filter and block, so he thinks someone tightened the oil filter, too much, obviously with a wrench or so.

I have heard of that happening, but never seen it myself. Sometimes the gasket on the old filter sticks to the enginge. When the new filter is screwed on the double gasket slips or shifts creating a leak.

I talked to a friend who owns a Chevrolet dealership south of Omaha. He thinks the Flex Fuel badging disappeard just like the EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) and twin cam / 24 valve / etc. badging disappeared a few years after those "new" features became old.

it would be great if 90% (or more) of all new cars (reguardless of maker) sold in the US were ALL FFVs.  Then you could ASSUME they were all that way... the few that were not could have warnings "caution, this vehicle will only allow you to use ONE fuel, gas, and MAY leave you vulnerable to market fluxuations" ;D

I talked to a friend who owns a Chevrolet dealership south of Omaha. He thinks the Flex Fuel badging disappeard just like the EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) and twin cam / 24 valve / etc. badging disappeared a few years after those "new" features became old.

That's kinda what I was thinking it might have been too, although Ford has redesigned theirs for '13, much sleaker looking that their old badging, as well as GM' and Chrysler's.

I stopped at the Steak and Shake across town from home on the way home from my friend's place and when I left there was a fairly new Buick Regal parked next to my 200.  When I got into my car I noticed that not only did they start putting the "portholes" in the hoods of those (they have the right count per side for the engine!), but is also had a flex fuel sticker on the back "quarter" glass in the back doors that kinda looked like their flex fuel badge, but was more of a "frosted" or Etched look.

20130727_223240_zps4c09affb.jpg

Kinda wish Chrysler had done something like this for the smaller cars too, their standard one looks kinda big and gaudy on the smaller cars like the Sebring, 200, and Avenger vs the trucks, vans and big sedans.

For some reason the picture isn't popping up on my computer, if you guys are running into that too, here's a link to my Photobucket page for the pic.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/bjoehandley/media/20130727_223240_zps4c09affb.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

BJXxxx, that' exactly how the stickers looked like, mounted on the front side windows.

And JAMxxx, yes, removing those badges saves a lot of money in the long run. The Japanese manufacturers (as usual) found that out in the 80's and stopped having fancy lettering on the front doors.

Not here, even the Chevrolet hat 'Silverado' in about 1" high letters on the front doors. Why? There can be only insulting answers to this question.

Greetings!