Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

New Blender pump in Sargent Nebraska

Trotters Whoa and Go

301 E Edith St.

Sargent, NE. 

308-527-3723

e10, e20, e30 and e85

I called to confirm that they were up and running.

Sargent is a town that only has just over 500 people, in the heart of the beautiful sandhills.  Now they have two e85 stations, one of them a blender!

nice to see a rural town of that size in the middle of the boonies with two competing e85 stations! ;D

Thanks Dan!

I suspect because it is a Blender that it was installed out of the REAP program.. where Vilsak is trying to get 10,000 blender pumps installed

I suspect it was as well... not much more "rural" a county then this.

I would like to see more of an effort to get some of those "10,000 blender pumps" put in OUTSIDE of the corn/ethanol belt.  There are lots of "rural counties" in the deep south that actually have a decent population density to sustain blender pumps, IF the fuel can be accuratly marketed at a decent price.

With the way "those people down south" love their auto racing, and with the recent adoption of an increasing amount of ethanol in racing fuel...  I'd look for future generations down there to be much less ethanol phobic... maybe an advertising campaign showing the "bootlegging" roots of using ethanol in cars to outrun the "revenuers" and how these early folks lead to the creation of NASCAR...

A very worthwhile campaign IMHO.

I've found over the years that people in the Deep South are about as flexible as cast iron in their beliefs and views. I think highly urban areas like NYC and LA could use some of our efforts, especially since a lot of people own cars, but still complain about the price of fuel.