Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

New station - St Joseph, MI

Hey Dan,

Freeway signage led me to find this new Shell in St. Joseph. Looks like it was converted over from a Marathon.

Shell

2600 Niles Road

St Joseph, MI

(269) 429-6594

Not bad pricing.

E-10 $3.759

E-85 $2.999

my wife getts ticked at me when my rubber neck spots a yellow fuel hose/boot, and we pull over, only to discover that THIS station uses yellow for diesel! (typically around here they use green for diesel)

my wife getts ticked at me when my rubber neck spots a yellow fuel hose/boot, and we pull over, only to discover that THIS station uses yellow for diesel! (typically around here they use green for diesel)

That irritates the crap out of me too! I find in Michigan that it happens with Mobil stations the most. The vast majority of stations use green, even on very old pumps. The Speedway I went to in Illinois (filling up at $1.889/gallon!) had been converted from a gas city, and had multiple different fuel nozzle colors. Some were black for all three grades, and some had blue for midgrade, yellow for premium, etc. Most stations around here use one single hose for all 3 grades of gasoline.

typically all 3 grades use one hose/boot...  if there are two at one pump, the second is diesel or e85 (or mid blends if blender...)

Colors are all over the map...  typically black for gas... but many are branded, so K&G uses Red (to go with their scheme) and I've seen blue (to match a corperate color scheme...).

I keep forgetting how differently things are done between different states. Don't even get me started on Illinois traffic management. Here, everything is pretty much uniform.

It's good to see the number of stations continuing to rise. I had set a goal of finding one new station a month, but that might be too easy at this point.

equally as important as finding new stations is removing old stations that are still listed.

Nothing burns me more then "PLANNING" on using a station that was listed, only to find none of the "good stuff"...  leaves me running on fumes, trying to draft on the bumper of a semi-truck for increased milage to limp back into town to the nearest e85 station...  driving by many dino-fuel dispensories in the process.

Granted, I know that I "could" buy gas in an emergency for the FFV... but that is sort of like knowing that you "could" drink your own urine in an emergency.  Nice to know, but don't really want to ever count on having to go to that extreme.  Sort of how I view gasoline.

THIS site has by far the most accurate and up to date listing of stations on the web bar none... thanks to the efforts of folks like us that report things as we see them.

Keep it up folks!

Exactly. That's one reason I rely on fueling up at Speedway now when I go elsewhere, or other stations that I know will not yank their E85. Speedway has only done that with a few stations they bought up at which they didn't think E85 would be profitable.

Mine actually tells me all the time "look, they have Ethanol, I need a cigarette anyways". So it works out, and I get a break from driving.

Greetings!