Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

E85 Flyer... pretty much done

Okay, so I've been working on a flyer to hand out to people who are interested in trying out E85, or for those who already do use it and would like to know where to find E85 retailers. This would be quicker and easier than digging out a sheet of paper in my car or writing down the information on a piece of receipt tape.

I'll tweak the locations on the flyer for areas outside of Lansing should I do a bit more "selling".

Let me know what you guys think! I have to tweak the margins a bit.

1327_.pdf

I like it.

I might remove the "Pros" and "cons" headings. Then you'd have your bullets w/o the need to for a heading because they'd all highlight the good reasons. Then I'd remove the three cons. If you still needed to mention something in regards to mileage, I would make that a sentence in a paragraph, something along the lines of this:

"E-85 can slightly reduce MPG, however E-85 is often a more cost efficient fuel when you calculate cost per mile driven."

Just being that second set of eyes ya know gas, not picking on it :) Thanks for taking the time to put it together and when done I'd like to run a few off to have on hand in my vehicles if that's OK. I also like the links far better than growth energy link or some old defunct link I still see from the NEVC or something lol. I think it does a better job of getting to the point and speaking directly than many of the other E-85 paraphenalia I see posted or on the web :)

By all means, feel free to use it. Are you able to edit it? I doubt users in Wisconsin would find locations around Lansing useful  ;D

The reason I decided to include a pros and cons section is because I feel I should be up front with people. I want people to be permanently converted... and not a one time try. I'd hate to have someone say "he didn't tell me the mileage would be lower... I guess I'll go back to gas".

I did something similar several years ago, and started putting on FFVs parked at my works LARGE parking lot.

On the back side, I would put a cropped screen shot of the local area map with those loacations showing.  MANY people are "spacially challenged" and that list of addresses will mean nothing to them...  seeing them on the map, they can much better picture where they live, where they work, commuting routes and how they could easily stop at one of these places.

I've always thought of doing this again, and putting them on all the SUVs and chrysler minivans that are parked by the hundreds at my kids school for PT confrences, open house, and other mass events... VERY high consentration, and there is an e85 station with great prices just 1 mile away!

Thanks.

agree, each of us can customize the back page to meet our location... and start handing out at pumps or in public locations (where laws permit)...

Grass roots advocacy.

If you know of any other, or come across some other advocates in your fuel pump prostaltizing...  pass on the link to this document, and encourage them to also start spreading the word!

GREAT work man!

Well, this is just one persons advice and (hopefully) constructive criticism, so take it for what it's worth.

You generally have about 2 seconds to capture someones attention before they wad the flyer up and throw it on the ground.  Given that, not much I see compels me to keep reading.  Here is what I see:

The header 'Ethanol E85' is nice, doesn't give me anything compelling though then right below it, you say E85 Ethanol - redundant.

The graphic on the right means nothing to me during my two second glance, nor really does the list of links on the left.  Even actually reading it, I'm not sure what " 'E85 Apps' (E85 Station Locator) Android: Google Play (994)" does [i really don't].

If I read far enough, I see a list of pros and cons...now I'm worried because I see 'cons' - this should be something new and good - not listing 'cons'.

It would be a good educational flyer if people were trapped in a seminar, class room or meeting hall, but IMHO, it needs to be distilled down to something the average Joe Consumer / soccer mom can peel off the windshield and understand in the seconds before it hits the trash.  What are the core ideas you want to communicate? [i see these as fairly large bullet points, bold type, centered on the page with maybe small graphics at the side - ie $$$ on the 'Save Money', maybe a FFV emblem/gas cap to show me what I'm looking for, etc.

Save Money Now!  [that is always good for an attention grabber headline]

You have a choice because this is a Flex Fuel Vehicle! [wait, I have a choice? ...what is it, I will keep reading]

Try E85 - Fuel approved for ALL Flex Fuel Vehicles [well if it's approved it must be good]

Record your mileage on normal gas and the next time you have a choice, try a tank of 105 octane E85 and record your mileage. [this sentence can be a bit longer because now they're hooked...we will also throw in the '105 octane' to hook anyone who knows 2 cents about gas and 'higher octane makes more power']

The E85 mileage will usually be slightly lower, but the price is usually MUCH cheaper.

Compare your new and old mileage with the price of E85 vs gasoline.  You may SAVE up to $10 or more per tank of fuel. [...bla...bla weasel words at this point... up to $10 or more...should pretty much cover anything, but the '$10 or more' will stick with them.]

More info, fuel price calculator, ask questions or join the discussion at E85vehicles.com [OK, one gateway link, I can deal with that...heck, I might even actually remember it!]

Local E85 station map on back. [now let them see the map, that is a good idea]

Anyway, just my .02, but I think you really need to be attention grabbing at the very first headline and list some very basic bullet points, so hopefully this will at least spur some ideas. :)

You generally have about 2 seconds to capture someones attention before they wad the flyer up and throw it on the ground.

Some cities prohibit flyers on cars for that very reason. I found that out years ago the hard way when a policeman brought in one of our flyers and gave me a lecture.

That is probably a good point, too.  Though for the general flyer, there aren't any identifying addresses the way there might be on a business flyer, so LT would probably be off the hook unless they actually caught him in the act.  But, I guess if they went to the extreme [and that seems to be what police/SWAT teams are good at these days] they might kick in Dan's door for being 'E85vehicles.com', throw a few stun grenades, hog tie him and throw him in the lock-up.