Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Drove my first Ford today!

Today my dad and I had to move the big stoplight in order to avoid trouble with the township stemming from a bi-annual inspection. We rented a U-haul van, and it was a Ford E-250. I noticed it was flex fuel, and I made sure to get a flex fuel. When I told the guy I wanted to make sure it was a flex fuel, he said "most people just put regular in it". Well, a trip of my dad, bending the left signs, and 2 gallons of E-10 later, we moved it to my mom's for the time being. I put $10 of etoh in it to make sure I returned it with the correct amount of fuel, but I doubt I burned through enough of the Dino fuel for it to hit the engine.

I still like the idea of a campaign working with rental companies to put mirror hanger things on the rear view mirror stating about FFV and e85, with a map to the nearest filling stations...

Great exposure to the fuel and FFV idea.  In a place like florida with so many tourists... could be a great plan.

Also, the use of e85 would help these rental vehicles be in better shape and cleaner engine wise, helping them be better for their resale value... ;D