Sign in to follow this  
Allch Chcar

New Poll by FuelsAmerica

I get emails from Growth Energy from time to time about campaigns and their latest news. There's no better way to keep tabs on them. ;D This one looks to be from Fuelsamerica.org and not originally from Growth. There's even an infographic, which I prefer to the usual spiel straight out of a handbook. I have some doubts about the accuracy though for example; 70% support the RFS and 80% of environmentalists? Does that make the 90% of people I see on the internet to be the loud minority? ???

Anyway here's the source: http://www.fuelsamerica.org/facts/entry/poll-americans-are-tired-of-volatile-gas-prices-want-more-renewable-fuel

FA%20poll%20infographic.jpg

Discuss.

Good questions Allch Chcar. I agree 100% with the top 2/3 of this poster. All indicative of the stranglehold a one fuel monopoly can have on the economy. And the numbers correlate with most of the populous.  The bottom 1/3, I might question. How exactly was the question phrased? The term "ethanol" may not have been used. Because we all know how well this great energy source has been falsely demonized. From what I can tell,  despite the falsity of the slanderous attacks, they have been successful. People believe the bull with absolute conviction. Maybe they used the terms "renewable"  and "alternative" rather than the E word.

But I have to say that I like what fuelsamerica is doing. I think no amount of spin they can conjure could possibly sink to the depths of the entity that is trying to do away with ethanol. You just have to fight fire with......ya know. But I am out of cliches for today!

I'm a little doubtful of the findings. Don't get me wrong, I do see it as good news. Thing is, it's a very big uphill battle to fight this notion that ethanol "harms your engine" (regardless of whether its a flex fuel or not), and alongside battery/electric, ethanol is already one of the more practical solutions out there. While it definitely needs improving, the infrastructure for ethanol already exists... we have the technology to create ethanol, and to use it. We need to educate people about the fact that they don't have to put up with big oil and their lies... there IS a way out. That hurdle is much easier to get over than the ethanol haters. Take care of those who don't know there is a way out first. A lot of Americans realize we have a problem... but either assume someone else will take care of it for them, or they aren't willing to work towards solutions.