Sign in to follow this  
Steve-O

Appleton, WI Renew has powered down for the last time...

The final Renew (Grand Chute, WI, on the pricing site)smart station shut down today.

It will re-open in a few weeks as a Shell (yuck), and no longer sell e85, so it can be removed from the pricing site if needed.

Thanks Dan!

The final Renew (Grand Chute, WI, on the pricing site)smart station shut down today.

It will re-open in a few weeks as a Shell (yuck), and no longer sell e85, so it can be removed from the pricing site if needed.

Thanks Dan!

Thanks for the Update Steve..yeah that Sucks

Thanks Dan!

:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

That is one "cry" for each of the lost Renew Stations. None left as Steve says so all should be wiped out of the reporting site.

Must have been ahead of their time 1outlaw!

Oddly, RIGHT next to their former drying site is a station with a 4 pump blender system. With a similar direct e85 supply chain from what it seems. Stopped on in today on a trip down to Ripon. A bit too far for me personally to get to regularly but am looking forward to patronizing every chance I get.

Believe me, I never like seeing a station no longer carry the fuel. I was very upset when I found out that the Sunoco on the south side of Lansing pulled out all their E85 and blender fuels. I was really looking forward to buying E40 or E50 there. The trend for total stations is up though.  :)

Yeah Husker, I still miss them, and for all practical purposes, they have been gone some time.  Even though the newer owners kept it operating here, they converted most to gas only. Since I didn't have any interest in that one station after the  change in owners, I lobbied moto mart to dump their diesel and get e-85 back in (outlaw helped me with it if I recall).

The stations were well placed in the area, so on any day trip I never had to go out of my way nor fuel at any other station group.

Moto mart (fkg out of illinois) has been great and even listened to me sometimes on pricing spreads, and the employees are awesome there.

I ran into a young kid today at moto that also misses Renew. He had a modified soob.  Asked him if he was using e-85.  Opened the trunk to show me the modified fuel pump/system and said he also had custom injectors. Still the stock tank though. He even showed me the custom yellow gas cap he got for it  :) Said he only bought from Renew also when they were the former. Also claimed he has 500 hp on e-85!