Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Website Speed- Forum , E85Vehicles.com and E85prices.com

Hows the website speed Website Speed- Forum , E85Vehicles.com and E85prices.com

Moved to new , faster server, upgraded mysql, minified and more compression and 15 minutes ago added a couple more cores

AND .. E85Vehicles.com got a  face lift  :)

Seems pretty good---I'm on high speed and have a pretty decent desk top rig. I have one airplane forum that is super slow and the guy that has it thinks it's something to do with adware checking. It's the only thing that's is slow for me. You got any ideas?

I'll be honest and say that I don't notice much of a difference on the forums or E85 prices. I still can't get any pins to load on the E85 app maps. That being said though, the new e85vehicles site is AMAZING. Definitely told me about some vehicles I didn't even know were flex fuel.

Looks great Dan. I like how the current model year line up is shown up front, but there is access to other MY info as well.

Are you using "base" starting MSRPs?

Looks great Dan. I like how the current model year line up is shown up front, but there is access to other MY info as well.

Are you using "base" starting MSRPs?

Morning Steve

Yep MSRP is base

You lost me with this " but there is access to other MY info as well."

Sorry... I used the Acronym MY for "model year"... was referring to the top where you can go by make and it lists the years (which was on there before) or search all models by year from the dropdowns at the top (which may be new, dont recall seeing that before)

Sorry... I used the Acronym MY for "model year"... was referring to the top where you can go by make and it lists the years (which was on there before) or search all models by year from the dropdowns at the top (which may be new, dont recall seeing that before)

Yeah I haven't decided yet how I am going to do that.... I may just listed previous years under the Auto Manufacturers Page  (which I haven't gotten around to cleaning up and making "purty" yet...  http://e85vehicles.com/e85-ford.html

It just takes an awful lot of server resources to have full pages for every vehicle from every year(which slows the server and user experience)

of","close":"Close","noiframes":"This feature requires inline frames. You have iframes disabled or your browser does not support them.","loadingAnimation":"http:\/\/www.e85vehicles.com\/wp-includes\/js\/thickbox\/loadingAnimation.gif","closeImage":"http:\/\/www.e85vehicles.com\/wp-includes\/js\/thickbox\/tb-close.png"};

That is what I got when I tried your link at the beginning of the thread Dan. I will try later to try the web compatibility button to see if that helps.

Edit: This is what I get if I try it from google:  js,qver=3.1-20121105.pagespeed.jm.gIH4NRhax0.js'> 

Edit the edits: ;D  Website compatibility button works wonders! Page looks great.

The E85 price reporting/station finder does work much faster now -the only thing I still have an issue with is on my Android (Milestone X2) it does not load the station map when you select a station to find- I have to try a second station before the map comes up- then I can go back to the first station and successfully have the map appear.