Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Ethanol Trading at 56 cents less than Gasoline Chicago Board of Trade

my brother stated that he was concerned that "new crop corn" was trading in the $4 range?  Apparently they must be thinking that this corn that was just planted, will have ideal conditions, and that the number of acres, with ideal conditions will lead to a bumper crop...

Would be awesome to see cheap corn/ethanol, paired up with record oil/gas prices.

my brother stated that he was concerned that "new crop corn" was trading in the $4 range?  Apparently they must be thinking that this corn that was just planted, will have ideal conditions, and that the number of acres, with ideal conditions will lead to a bumper crop...

Would be awesome to see cheap corn/ethanol, paired up with record oil/gas prices.

Here you Go Husker..Corn trading closer to home http://www.auroracoop.com/LiveBidSheet

I'd like to see how $20k/acre land with $4 corn pencils out

I'll be interested also. Last summer my aunt, sister, and I sold an 80 acre field that had been in mostly CRP with about 30 acres of good tillable soil. We didn't get near 20K and not until Dec. I thought my aunt was crazy when the first thing she did was plunk her money into mutuals. She came ahead about $2000 an acre in three months and if the Dow keeps going with all the new paper being printed, who knows how high her land sale will go.

P.S. I'm still waiting for the crash of both land and the Dow.

Agree... not that the price of land (or anything for that matter) is necessarily going up... it is that the US$ used to express that value is worth less...

The saying goes... "sit on your cash, and let it crash"... then buy cheap!  Though "cash" may not be where to park it...