Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Chicago Board of Trade- 62 cent spread - Ethanol-RBOB Gas

I asked the manager of the local convenience store/farm co op why our E85 wasn't any cheaper. He is sending the truck to a small local ethanol plant and buying blended E85 and paying  close to CBOT price and then the eth plant is pocketing the RIN money. I said they're doing pretty good for the plant but not looking out for us customers at all.

I see gas prices here in Omaha jumping...  up 14 cents earlier this week, additional 12 cents last night...  Haven't been by the e85 pumps to see what their prices are...  May actually see a +15% spread for the first time in a LONG time here!

I wouldn't be surprised if we see 20% before long here in Chicago.  A couple stations are still at $4.07 as of last night, and a couple of the normally cheaper places sitting at $4.21 while E85 was still $3.29 at Woodmans.  Not sure what the excuse is for the jump this time, Gasoline looking to now be up nearly $.70 a gallon since we got that flooding a few weeks back.