Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

having their cars certified on E30. Before a new car can be sold in the United S

Yeah, I'll tell ya, the whole "damage illusiion", as I like to call it, is the biggest, most maddening frustration I have with this whole issue personally. I think that in the case of alcohol as a fuel, this is the roadblock that ethanol can't seem to get through.

I figure the only way around that is to put all they got into FFVs and E-85. Do whatever it takes to get a favorable price spread, and get more people pumping at the E-85 pumps.

People look at me like I'm a wacko at the e-85 pumps and my cars run absolutely great with some E-85 blended in at every fill up. If the E-30 "Maximum efficiency" thing is going to work, it would take a massive joint informational campaign from the auto manufacturers themselves, stating that ethanol and engine damage is a non issue. I'll devise the campaign for them if they want! With E-85 and FFVs they did promote the concept sort of well enough, but the automakers have not done a damn thing to stop the slander of E-85 besides putting little badge on the back of the car, and now it's down to a yellow gas cap.

Yeah, I'll tell ya, the whole "damage illusiion", as I like to call it, is the biggest, most maddening frustration I have with this whole issue personally. I think that in the case of alcohol as a fuel, this is the roadblock that ethanol can't seem to get through.

My neighbor had asked me a couple weeks ago "aren't you worried that your engine is only going to last half as long", referring to when I told him I use E85. I didn't know how to respond, but I should have responded by asking "you do realize that my car is flex fuel, and is specifically designed to be able to handle high ethanol concentrations"?

I'm enjoying $2.99 (as sad as that may sound), as well as the peace of mind that I am not contributing to all the problems oil is causing us.

People look at me like I'm a wacko at the e-85 pumps and my cars run absolutely great with some E-85 blended in at every fill up. If the E-30 "Maximum efficiency" thing is going to work, it would take a massive joint informational campaign from the auto manufacturers themselves, stating that ethanol and engine damage is a non issue. I'll devise the campaign for them if they want! With E-85 and FFVs they did promote the concept sort of well enough, but the automakers have not done a damn thing to stop the slander of E-85 besides putting little badge on the back of the car, and now it's down to a yellow gas cap.

They're still required to put the badge on the back... I think the yellow gas cap is simply to remind motorists who don't realize their vehicle is E85 compatible.