Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

2006 Iowa E85 Sales Up 295% Over 2005

Johnston, IA–-The Iowa Renewable Fuels Association (IRFA) announced March 13 that E85 sales in Iowa grew exponentially in 2006 according to the latest state figures.

According to the Iowa Department of Revenue, sales of E85 by Iowa retailers reached 470,964 gallons during the fourth quarter of 2006.

That was a 216% increase over the same time period in 2005.

Sales of E85 were up 295% to 1,975,359 gallons compared to 668,595 gallons for 2005.

http://www.grainnet.com/articles/2006_Iowa_E85_Sales_Up_295__Over_2005-42539.html

It is good it is going up but the hill is long. Those 2006 sales of e85 are what a "good" c-store will sell in gasoline for a year. Come on Iowa- 21 plants sold 1% of their output- we need to get serious about the kind of e85 vehicles are being made, the station network, e85 pricing, and promotion.

One of my friends that spearheaded an ethanol plant here is more concerned with making 10% manatory nationwide that 20% or E85. The other day he was telling me how the train could hardly keep up now and a little while later he makes the comment that " wouldn't 10% everywhere be nice"---give me a break.