Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

E85 Dyno Tune for 2011 2.2 HHR ..

Hey Corey and anyone else .. next step for the HHR is a MPG tune..  Should I tune using E50 or E85 ?  The reason I ask is because of the new astm requirements that allow 51% ethanol to be labeled  as E85.

So never going to know for certain what is being dispensed at the pump...

I'd go for the 50%, I've often though that were I to convert my Jeep, The engine would be opened to 4.7l and built to run 93  in areas that higher blends couldn't be bought.

Find someone that can tune a flexible fuel map. I've seen it where the ECU can be tuned for everything between E85 and Premium, not just one or the other. The ones I saw had the in-tank sensor though and it was a lot more work than just tuning an E85 and Premium map.

I would suggest testing your fuel to see where it is at. Do a web search for "E85 fuel tester", you can find several for around $15.00 plus shipping. The thought is E85 is 85% in summer and 70% in winter. That is not the case. I'd be willing to bet the 51% rule is no where near close to 51%. The random fuel I test is typically between 87 and 80 all year round in the Omaha area.

If they're anything like the ones a friend were talking to about getting a basic tune so he can get his now supercharged Silverado to an alignment rack (good possibilty my 200 is higher off the ground now) and an actual dyno facility after converting it to run a Speed Density management system, that must have been fun.  He has been willing to drop the full $300 so he can get it their safely and they were giving him crap for making that conversion, can't imagine if he wanted to try E-85 in it too down the road!

Just talked with Bart

I was going to suggest Bart...

From November through January we have great specials so don't miss out! We have 10% OFF the following:

• Chassis Dyno Time
  • Tuning and Packages
  • Performance Packages
  • All Engine Machine Work

Looks like you're a couple months too late (or a lot of months too early) to get the 10% off. ;D

Just talked with Bart

I was going to suggest Bart...

From November through January we have great specials so don't miss out! We have 10% OFF the following:

• Chassis Dyno Time
  • Tuning and Packages
  • Performance Packages
  • All Engine Machine Work

Looks like you're a couple months too late (or a lot of months too early) to get the 10% off. ;D

Thinking we might need to barter on some ad space