Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Fiberight Trash to Ethanol Plant ..Video

Looks like Fiberight is coming to life.. they have made the first update to their site in a long long time And with a Video of the process http://fiberight.com/

Beyond the how cool it is turning Trash into ethanol is that for the producer the trash offers multiple revenue streams ..

At least is they can start small, prove it works, and is worth continuing it.....it's a step in the roght direction!  I am wondering if there will be any counter arguements for it outside of mileage and any "not in my backyard" complainers though.

!  I am wondering if there will be any counter arguements for it outside of mileage and any "not in my backyard" complainers though.

Oh I'm sure there will be at least one group that thinks we shouldn't "harm" the trash  ;D

Just think, in a perfect world, society would separate their waste at home and save a few steps. About 20 years ago a mfg outfit in Cherokee IA came up with a trash separation process that was supposed to be a really good deal and everybody was excited. It turned out it took a lot of labor to do the separation so didn't last long. Glad FiberRight has the separation figured out and sure hope it works out.

The downside is, I don't actually see them making any ethanol in their video.  Did I miss it?  Looks like most of the video is dedicated to standard sorting technology...just like you could find in most any municipal recycling center.  I do see their batch steamer running - turning paper into a big pile of wet, steaming paper, but the big jump is going from paper to ethanol.  The bigger jump is going from paper to ethanol cheaply and efficiently...that is where most everyone seems to stall out.

The downside is, I don't actually see them making any ethanol in their video.  Did I miss it?  Looks like most of the video is dedicated to standard sorting technology...just like you could find in most any municipal recycling center.  I do see their batch steamer running - turning paper into a big pile of wet, steaming paper, but the big jump is going from paper to ethanol.  The bigger jump is going from paper to ethanol cheaply and efficiently...that is where most everyone seems to stall out.

It's at about the 6:30 mark.... the sorting was the most difficult process that need to be sorted out (ok slight pun intended). That was the tricky part for using trash but as I pointed out a  few years ago(2010) half of Fiberights Team comes from waste and recycling companies ..so that gave them an edge up.

They went silent for over a year .. so when I seen they updated their website the other day..well.. hoping that's a signal they are about ready to scale up.

Their original plan was to build out like 50 smaller msw plants around mid size Cities

Have you seen pics of Naples Italy, where they have trash literally piling up in the streets because they have no where to take it, and no money to collect it...

21naples-190.jpg

1199649412621_931.jpg

Build one of these plants there... clean the place up, create jobs, produce clean LOCALLY sourced clean energy.

Would probably have to pay large mafia bribes though...