Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Drought weakens... some encouraging news

Glennsan, Really shouldn't do that with ethanol still being 20 cents less currently. If you look forward to Nov on the CBOT and NyMex you will see RBOB at $2.60 and ethanol at $2.00. What is the current price of E10 in CA. Here in Iowa things have been going up---E10 at $3.599 and E0 $3.699. Our E85 should be $2.999 or less.

A nice price point spread is essential for E85 to take off.  I live in Southern California and the only station that I can buy from without driving 20 miles out of my way has around 65 cents as a diff.  This week gas went up 10 cents but ethanol went up 14 cents?  Not sure why but as stated for the average person to want to use E85 it needs to be much cheaper and available at more then 2 stations in San Diego, a city of over 6,000,000 people.

Give it time. California is not nearly as much of a corn state as some of the Midwest states are, so when cellulosic ethanol takes off...

Let's cross our fingers for a dry week next week so farmers can get corn in the ground.

From what I saw on the weather channel yesterday the Midwest will be around 90 degrees by Tuesday for the week.

didn't the PRK (peoples republik of kalifornia) turn back several million dollars from the US government for building e85 and biodiesel fueling infrastructure... because of the environmental damage that shipping all that fuel across the country or some other ethanol hating reason?

on the "drought" subject...  looking much better here in Nebraska, late slow soaking rains, and very wet snow.

Only now, with still at or below freezing nights, soil temps are way down, and planting is delayed.

Anyways, looking to be a much better corn year.  A BUMPER crop of corn (causing prices to drop), paired with near constant term-oil (no pun intended) in the Mid east, and continued foot dragging on the Keystone pipeline... causing a spike in oil/gas prices.

Could be a GREAT year to have a FFV and ample e85 access ;D