Sign in to follow this  
caleshane

New E-85 station in Des Plaines, IL

Glad to see another station but wonder why they are about 60 cents to high. I just paid $2.999 at Cleghorn Iowa and I see your other entry at Terre Haute is $2.999 also.

Beats me, I paid $3.29 Sunday and that seems expensive.

This station has made E85 available on and off since 2006. Previously their E85 prices were tied to Regular Gas prices -- being merely $0.10 cheaper. A $0.40 differential would be a huge improvement for this distributor.

Due to its proximity to O'Hare airport's Northern employee entrance, this station is most often frequented by employees of the airport and surrounding businesses. Similarly the BP station on Mannheim Rd near the Southeast employee entrance has even worse E85 prices ($4.09 v. $4.24 Regular as of this writing.)

This station has made E85 available on and off since 2006. Previously their E85 prices were tied to Regular Gas prices -- being merely $0.10 cheaper. A $0.40 differential would be a huge improvement for this distributor.

Due to its proximity to O'Hare airport's Northern employee entrance, this station is most often frequented by employees of the airport and surrounding businesses. Similarly the BP station on Mannheim Rd near the Southeast employee entrance has even worse E85 prices ($4.09 v. $4.24 Regular as of this writing.)

How does Cook tax E-85 in comparison to Gas and Diesel?  Last time I looked in Schaumberg, Cook was about $.20-$.30 a gallon more than Dupage, I end up buying in Kane which seems way more expensive than out by Jeepn30.

While they still have no signage indicating the availability of E-85, much less its price, Speedway has dramatically dropped the E-85 price to $2.879.

With just one lonely pump away from the canopy and most distant from the convenience store, I doubt most customers are even aware of the E-85 pump. It is most often blocked by lines of cars waiting to access the other 16 pumps under the canopy.

I'm getting down near 1/2 a tank already (filled it on Wed afternoon) on the 200 I may have to go over there instead of Woodmans Sunday.  I like that Woodmans takes personal checks at the gas station, but a $.30-$.40 difference isn't worth the ability to just write a check.

First: In the E85 Prices Station Locator   mobile app, the placement of the fuel station on the map is 1/2 mile East of its actual location.

Second: Despite gasoline comprising at most 30% of its volume, E85 prices at this station have, for the last several weeks, moved in lock-step with regular gasoline prices.