Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Kum & Go adds 2 More E85 Stations in Wyoming

We have a massive new K & G store being built in Loveland, CO.

along HiWay 34 .  They haven't yet installed pumps ( perhaps 24 total )

so can't find out if they've included blenders in the mix ...  I sure hope so !

K&G has been on a MASSIVE building spree the last 3+ years...  They have not built/rebuilt a station in over 5 years that did NOT have e85...  that is how they do it.

They sold a bunch of smaller older stations in smaller towns across Iowa that were needing remodeling, but didn't financially justify it to Caseys, who has a near monopoly in that market.

The money from this sale is being used to expand out into Arkansas/southern Missouri, Colorado, Wyoming... expanding their geographic footprint.  They are also expanding into larger markets, with bigger stores in key high traffic lanes.  Great marketing... Also great for e85.

Dave,

Have we seen any e85 prices from AR, MO, CO and WY yet with Kum & Go...?  I've heard that they have a hard time matching their IA/NE pricing due to distributor reluctance in these other states.

K&G has been on a MASSIVE building spree the last 3+ years...  They have not built/rebuilt a station in over 5 years that did NOT have e85...  that is how they do it.

I'd really like to see K&G getting into Blenders especially considering that half their locations would probably qualify for the rural development grants fro blender. Not sure what is keeping K&G from offering Blender pumps.

I actually read about 1 1/2 years ago that they were awarded a USDA rural development grant for blender pumps in IA and MO....  had a guy from their corporate office confirm that they were going to be going the blender route...

So NOT seeing K&G blenders has been a shock for me as well.